Watch Freeks banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

When I was a little kid WAYYYY back when, my dad spent about a year or so in Oklahoma City...we lived in Tulsa...doing his fellowship in cardiology. His hours were long and he needed something he could make fast that tasted good. He threw together a recipe and ever since it has just been referred to as the "Oklahoma City Special"

Over the years all of us in the family who make it tend to make small modifications to it to suit our taste.

There is not much "measuring"...most things are just "to taste"

For our version you will need: Hamburger meat, diced tomatos (garlic and onion), Philly cream cheese, worcesesterchire (probably not spelled right, and from here on out referred to as w-sauce). Salt, pepper, ginger sauce, onion and white rice.

Brown the meat and drain it. Boil the rice seperately.

Chop up the onion.

After the meat is drained put it back on the stove over low heat, add the onions, w-sauce, ginger sauce, diced tomatos, cream cheese, salt and pepper and stir it until everything is mixed in well...especially the cream cheese. After it is all in there good, put the lid on, leave the heat on very low and let it sit for about 10 minutes.

The best way to do it the first time is for 1lb of meat, use one can of the diced tomatos, and for the w-sauce and ginger sauce - use a 1/4 cup of each. You can then see how it tastes and in the future adjust each ingredient to taste.

Serve it over the rice.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Interesting flavor combinations!

They almost seem contrary to each other, the ginger sauce and worcestershire sauce that is, then with the cream cheese?

I will have to try before I cry. Bye guy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts