Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So lets say you hit the lottery jackpot for $250,000,000.00
Which Timpiece would you purchase first?
Me, with out a single ounce of doubt/hesitation at all would be going for the "Explorer ll-white dial"

C.m.T

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I would start with:

Patek Phillipe: 1) 3970 in yellow gold; 2) stainless steel Nautilus with moon phase

Rolex: 1) GMT Master II blue & black; 2) Submariner 4,000

Omega: 1) Speedy; 2) 15,000 gauss; 3) Planet Ocean 600 Good Planet

Panerai: 1) Submersible Bronzo; 2) PAM 392

Those would probably keep me satisfied for a little while :)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I definitely would go out and buy a house with land and an exotic car long before I got a watch.

I really doubt my watch buying would change. I have owned pretty much all the high end brands over the years. Rolex, Hublot, Patek Phillipe, Panerai, Porsche Design, Breitling, Jager La Couture, Harry Winston etc. I have sold off almost all of them, sold the last of my Rolex watches a few weeks ago. I doubt I'll ever get another high end watch no matter how much disposable income I have. I liked my Big Bang but rarely wore it. I only sent it in for service once and had them change/replaced the dial I wanted a white dial for some reason back then. I bought the Big Bang right 1/2 price and sold it right got my dough back including what I paid to have the new dial and strap. Of course I never paid retail for a single watch always got the best deal usually went to my friends in the Jewelers building or shopped in NYC.

The only watch on my want list is the new Invicta Grand Diver I posted a while back. LOL

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
1 - quit my job. 2 - pay off college loan debt. 3 - pay off S.O.'s house. 4 - buy S.O. a new car. 5 - Pay off my car. 6 - help some friends and family. 7 - buy a Glycine Airman. 8 - vacation like a boss.

·
6,409 Posts

Reactions: ganson

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
in reality, probably the Polar Explorer because there's a Rolex dealer a few mi away and it's prolly in stock

but the one i'd really be after would be the Master Co-axial AT

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,890 Posts
Wow, great question! I would probably go into a Tourneau and purchase every watch in the store just for starters, then give away the ones I don't like.

Then on occasions were I would want to flaunt my wealth in poor taste, I would sport this bad boy, ugly as hell, but curiously very appealing to me.

Reactions: Roarry
1 - 20 of 25 Posts