1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone else?!?!?!?!

Ida needs to go away! :)

The same damn cell has been dumping rain on the Greensboro, NC area for over 6-7 hours (it just goes "spin, spin, spin". It's been raining since Tuesday morning.

I have a pond in my back yard, now!
:lol

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

lol you and me both. But we live pretty close to each other in NC and most people don't realize that we are getting 4-7 inches of rain. It rained so hard last night I thought my house was going to float away. And, it NEVER stopped raining all night long. Still raining hard right now and 40+ mile an hour gusts in Raleigh. Nuts.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Sounds llike you fellas are getting more than us up in here in the Great NW!! Hope it ends soon, I know if you're not used to it it can get really old fast.:(

CJ

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I guess this storm has become much more than was expect (not in terms of the ability to predict the storm's arrival), it has redeveloped in these parts and we're kinda getting a 2nd whammy!

The storm came through late Tuesday into yesterday, but then the "wrap-around" started to intensify and we're actually getting more wind and rain than what came through initially!

It is waaaayyyy worse at the coast (especially, up in VA), but we're having some real issues here with downed trees, power poles and lines, and flooding. One of the main roads leading to the University of NC, Greensboro is flooded. A Mom and her 5yo daughter hydroplaned yesterday (on the way to take the girl to school) and crashed head on into another car. They were both killed. :(

As a side note . . . that show "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" is demolishing and rebuilding a house in Lexington, NC in this storm! I feel so badly for all the volunteers and construction people that are demolishing, then rebuilding an entire house over 120 hours in this torrential downpour! :(

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Seattle is right you guys got hammered, but you should still should be happy because us NW freeks will be soaked for the next 5 months!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Anyone else?!?!?!?!

Ida needs to go away! :)

The same damn cell has been dumping rain on the Greensboro, NC area for over 6-7 hours (it just goes "spin, spin, spin". It's been raining since Tuesday morning.

I have a pond in my back yard, now!
:lol
Everything should be all nice and clean then, yes?

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Hate to hear about the bad weather. Normally sucks this time of year in WV and right now nice and sunny but cool. Hope things turn around soon as the rain can just flat out bring a person down.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Yup....not much running outside, nice cars stay in the garage and the bike gets winterized. Time to "hunker down"!!:)

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
Seattle is right you guys got hammered, but you should still should be happy because us NW freeks will be soaked for the next 5 months!

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

The weather channel just sayed it will hit you guys harder than it hit the Gulf WOW it is reforming, better hunker down !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

It's been raining here on the peninsula for over 24 hrs. now...I'm not a house mouse & the fact I can't get outside tends to make me a bit cranky so I took a dance class instead of riding today.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

It totally stopped raining about 11:00am EST!

JUST STOPPED!

No wind . . .No Rain!

Radar shows the cell that had been over us for over 8 hours has moved south and the weather above us (it's rotating CCW) is patchy for the moment.

More is predicted . . . but I just might take Snowflake for a walk! :)

http://public.fotki.com/dustbuster4/snowflake/

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
As a side note . . . that show "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" is demolishing and rebuilding a house in Lexington, NC in this storm! I feel so badly for all the volunteers and construction people that are demolishing, then rebuilding an entire house over 120 hours in this torrential downpour! :(
funny - when Extreme Makeover did the home in Raleigh a few years ago it POURED and was freezing all week also, with the exception of the "reveal" day that completely got sunny and nice for - perfect television ending!

It has stopped raining for me in downtown Raleigh also - finally.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:
funny - when Extreme Makeover did the home in Raleigh a few years ago it POURED and was freezing all week also, with the exception of the "reveal" day that completely got sunny and nice for - perfect television ending!

It has stopped raining for me in downtown Raleigh also - finally.
That sounds like what's going to happen in this case as well. They are calling for sunny weather beginning this weekend. :)

I just took Snowflake for a 15 minute walk around the neighborhood. It's COLD out there! I expected warmer weather due to the tropical system, but NO! It's 46 degrees here!

There are a few tree limbs down. All the leaves that were colored have fallen off the trees. There are small "streams" of water running down the road ways. Yards have small ponds in them. There's some lawn furniture strewn about, but it's not bad here.

However, the most unique thing was watching the differing darkness of the clouds and seeing that they are coming down from the north! Our weather traditionally comes from the west. :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:

JUST STOPPED!

No wind . . .No Rain!

Radar shows the cell that had been over us for over 8 hours has moved south and the weather above us (it's rotating CCW) is patchy for the moment.

Man, get that poor doggy some Rogaine!!! :)

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Tera-Ram wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:

JUST STOPPED!

No wind . . .No Rain!

Man, get that poor doggy some Rogaine!!! :)

LOL, that's not a very recent pic of her. This was a couple of month after her leg surgery. They shaved her rear 1/3, then due to summertime, it really never grew back. It's a lot fuller now. :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

djpop wrote:
We would love to have a little of your rain, in Las Vegas we get about 3 inches a year
Same here.. San Diego is in a drought and has been for the last couple years... send some of it this way please.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Yeah send that rain my way also, although they predict storms for us starting tonight nthrough the weekend, and now they are say we may get some more snow, after it's been like in the upper 60's to lower 70's since our last snow storm. gotta love NM weather....LOL it could be pouring rain on one side of the city while the other side could be getting snow and the other side perfectly sunny. Arnie knows the weather here...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Current - I don't know about you - but it is still raining here in Raleigh again. will it ever end???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts