Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hamilton Khaki Field Black Dial Black Leather Watch H68551733

Price Subtotal $293.00
Extra Savings $0.00
15NOW -$43.95
Shipping Fee FREE
Estimated Tax $0.00
Order Total $249.05

This is the cheapest I have found after going to many, many, sites. The next cheapest is $25.00 more. My question: buy it? or not buy it? Of course I need it like I need another hole in my head. But is this a deal not to be passed up? (Hamilton.com has it for $695)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That is a great deal, but I would say it's never wrong to wait.

Avoid the impulse buy.

If you're anything like me, my watch-crushes can change so suddenly as I continue to shop around and see what other options are out there. Just keep shopping and saving up.

Over the next few months, you may go through 4 or 5 different phases of attraction to different styles and manufacturers. And in a few more months, as you continue to squirrel away money, you might hit upon that one watch that you truly fall head-over-heels in love with, and you'll be glad to have the $250 that you almost dropped on this very nice Hamilton.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
375 Posts
There's no way to know if you will love this watch until you put it on your wrist and we're out for a couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Buy, definitely buy.

Reactions: meganfox17

·
3,979 Posts
I would buy!!!!
No doubt, you'll meet some Freek who wasn't aware of the price
the way you were. So flipping a Hamilton isn't as daunting, as say
selling the Brooklyn Bridge. Figure in some profit margin and flip
it.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It's always a crap shoot. I bought a NIB Hammy for a bargain and on wrist for a minute, it was back for sale. Just too small, a bit hard to read... That's the rub. Go into a store and try it on is my guess. So many I loved except for size, or weight, thickness, readability etc.

One snap buy a few years ago was a heavil discounted MOMO. 75% off MSRP, GMT, LE Ti
All made me sense a deal. I have this watch still in rotation.. Largest watch I own but built for large wrists, fits perfectly and I can't sell it. Well won't maybe the better word.
I was surprised at the level of quality, fit and finish.. Never expected on such a deal
So be surprised and live with buying or trying as many as you can. It's a greet ride

·
Long Time Member
1,969 Posts
Great watch at a great price, IMO

Have 2 Hammys, not a hint of dissapointment with either. Both get worn alot.
You may or may not see it at a better price. If you wait, might be dissapointed.
Such is the delemma. I would jump all over it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I also have 2 Hammys- the limited edition MIB movie watches from the early 2000's and they are not toys. The first is a homage to the original Pulsar LED watch and the other is an even more highly limited numbered edition (#/2002) Ventura chrono.

Both have sapphire crystals and garner quite a bit of attention when I wear them.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, it seems that the consensus is to buy. I swore my last watch was going to be my last watch. But that was about 6 watches ago. Didn't work, lol. This will be my 45th watch. Every watch I've bought has been online with a terrific price (right now I'm wearing my Eterna AirForce that had an MSRP of $5000. I ended getting it for $599) And yes, I know all about inflated MSRPs. That watch is now on eBay for almost $2000.
And since I've never owned a Hammy, I'm gonna go ahead and order. And yes, this is my last watch.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Love it! Buy it! Never look back.......

·
Registered
Grand Seiko Heritage White, Victorinox Inoc, Casio
457 Posts
If at all possible and you have the time, google the watch in your city... if it can be found, try the 'puppy' on ... that usually helps me decide... you have a common problem and I don't blame you ... it has happened to me... or if you know someone that you could just take a look at the watch...

Let us know what you decide...

Good Luck!

Watchwearer

·
Senior Novice
3,284 Posts
It looks cool, probably very comfortable and the quality to price ratio seems to be in order; if i were You i'd wait, and wait, aaaaaand now i'd spend Your $.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a quandary. The model I wanted, H69419363, has the green strap and green face. But when I went to order, it is now black dial with black strap (H68551733). Now, if they cannot give me the color I want, I can go to Joma where they have the green one for the same price.
My question to you Hammy aficionados, is the green the preferred for the field? I really don't care for black. Should I switch?
Thanks again everyone
EL

update. I called the first place I ordered and asked why they switched colors. They said they only have black. So, I'm gonna go to Joma and order the green which is what I wanted in the first place.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts