Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Reembracing my girly side, after buying only "men's" watches for a while, I finally sprang for the Woman's Lupah Strap Set- the floral Lupah in the bigger (than the Baby) Lady Lupah size. I already have a Lady Lupah and the Woman's Lupah Chronograph (another strap set). The Chrono had a disappointing MOP dial, but I kept it. It seems that the lower priced Invicta's invariably come with dubious MOPs these days, so I am almost expecting to be unhappy when the UPS man shows up tomorrow(well, today, actually).I would like to keep the set as the straps would go well with my chrono, but, I am not going to put up with the kind or no-orient, wrinkled MOP that I have received more often than not these days (from Invicta and elsewhere).

Wish me luck! Update to come later today.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Yea, I bought Linda two older Lupah strap sets with the watch on bracelet when "Deal Tree" on ebay had a ton of them recently. One rose gold, one black IP. Both with diamond bezels. MOP is absolute "killer" on both watches. Hope yours is as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
I hope your MOP's orient is killer! :)

Please post some pics when you get it!

Congrats! :)
Oh, please stop! Now, you're just jinxing me! Not just good MOP, but killer. And giving me congrats, before the fact. Oy.

Stay tuned. Good Lord, I never know when UPS will come. Wait, wait, wait....

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

barskin wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:

Oh, please stop! Now, you're just jinxing me! Not just good MOP, but killer. And giving me congrats, before the fact. Oy.

:lol:lol:lol

Then I wish upon you an completely bland, and uneventful MOP dial. :%:%:%

Look forward to your pics! :c

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
barskin wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:

:lol:lol:lol

Then I wish upon you an completely bland, and uneventful MOP dial. :%:%:%
Now, that's better. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
I think it (they) all look great!

Are you happy?
Yes, I'm happy. That sky blue strap looks especially great with my old Invicta Mosaic Collection diver (it's an automatic, unwound- that's why the time is different from the new watch and my Lady Lupah chrono). That white MOP is really beautiful and it's surrounded by the chapter ring of blue MOP and paua shell. The blue of the strap really picks up the blues in the dial. The white MOP on the chrono is pretty nice and it looks good with the blue, green, fuscia and white straps. I hadn't been wearing bright colors watch-wise for a while. Now, I will be.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

I think it was worth it just for the straps. My wife got the baby lupah stainless strap set and it's MUCH nicer than I expected. She wears it 1000X more than the Diamond Rotary I bought her, LOL... Go figure.

Congrats, Barskin!

David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.