Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably could have saved thousands of dollars on Mechanical watches if I have discovered this brand ten years ago.

There is something about them that sings to me that other watches 40 times more expensive just don't do.

Well this one is one the way, was browsing Amazon and it just popped out at me, one reviewer actually said the stainless steel bracelet wasn't bad.

Another big plus for this one, it's a no-date where you don't have the hassle to do the no-quick-set Samba to reset it!

Well, here it is!

Another Vostok by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Chazz:
Like tha man said "To each his own".
Cept the Komanderiske, all the Amphibs sang to me off key!!!
Good luck on yer new Vostok.

Lou Snutt

·
Super Moderator
9,677 Posts
Think you are so right Chaz, and what's so great too is how the watches
really stand out from other watches. :smileyface_hand_cla Big congrats ahead of time !!!

I mean they have very classic styled watches which you already know
about. But then they have these classics with a twist like with this new
one here sir. :coo2l:

Just check out the bezel, and how the case seems as thin as the bracelet !
Even the dial is incredible, and the no date is the cherry on top.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think you are so right Chaz, and what's so great too is how the watches
really stand out from other watches. :smileyface_hand_cla Big congrats ahead of time !!!

I mean they have very classic styled watches which you already know
about. But then they have these classics with a twist like with this new
one here sir. :coo2l:

Just check out the bezel, and how the case seems as thin as the bracelet !
Even the dial is incredible, and the no date is the cherry on top.
I gave kept all of my Vostoks wound and running, only one of them is running poorer than COSC specs, and that one is +9 seconds a day. Scuba dude is still running almost dead on for the entire time I have had it, without resetting it!

·
Super Moderator
9,677 Posts
I gave kept all of my Vostoks wound and running, only one of them is running poorer than COSC specs, and that one is +9 seconds a day. Scuba dude is still running almost dead on for the entire time I have had it, without resetting it!

It really is something Chaz ! :cool2:

Even if they were just running fair to good, that would be great
for the price really. ..They have to be in the top of the running
for best bang for the buck watches when you think about it sir ! :eek:
It's so cool to hear about.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I've grown an interest in Vostoks lately myself, Due to Chaz & AT.
I thought I'd give then a go & ordered 6. In transit from mother Russia. Hope they arrive before Christmas! I've already purchased 6 bracelets to replace the hair pullers that come oem. We'll see ....

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
A bad case of Vostokitis :D

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've grown an interest in Vostoks lately myself, Due to Chaz & AT.
I thought I'd give them a go & ordered 6. In transit from mother Russia. Hope they arrive before Christmas! I've already purchased 6 bracelets to replace the hair pullers that come oem. We'll see ....
I have found that mesh and Barton Quick Change straps, canvas and silicone are great, as is Natos.

I'm really impressed with the Canvas straps, unique looking, comfortable and waterproof.

6 you bought 6 of them, impressive, you really dive in with both feet!

Another thing I think I have failed to mention is the Lucite crystals have very little reflections and they don't seem to show smudges and such on them like Sapphire and Mineral, they stay clear almost all the time.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
^^^ For sure, silicone, canvas & natos will do well with my incoming Vostoks. I've got plenty on hand.

6 pieces is a few, however given the price per unit, it isn't a king's ransom.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Another thing I think I have failed to mention is the Lucite crystals have very little reflections and they don't seem to show smudges and such on them like Sapphire and Mineral, they stay clear almost all the time.
Now I KNOW you've been drinking way to much Russian Kool-Aid with Russian Vodka... Try taking a screwdriver to one of them there Lucite crystals and see how clear it is then...:lol: Those things scratch if you look at them wrong.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Now I KNOW you've been drinking way to much Russian Kool-Aid with Russian Vodka... Try taking a screwdriver to one of them there Lucite crystals and see how clear it is then...:lol: Those things scratch if you look at them wrong.

Nothing that about 3 minutes and a tube of Polywatch couldn't cure.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Doing the SAMBA is part of the reason we buy it. :smile-thumb2:

I probably could have saved thousands of dollars on Mechanical watches if I have discovered this brand ten years ago.

There is something about them that sings to me that other watches 40 times more expensive just don't do.

Well this one is one the way, was browsing Amazon and it just popped out at me, one reviewer actually said the stainless steel bracelet wasn't bad.

Another big plus for this one, it's a no-date where you don't have the hassle to do the no-quick-set Samba to reset it!

Well, here it is!

Another Vostok by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
This is a brand I've never owned, it is now officially on my list of things to get! Maybe a xmas gift to myself?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts