Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

. . . Sorry guys, I am late in putting this up here . . . and considering how I acquired it I should'nt be.

When I returned to collecting last year one of the first guys that I made relations with was Steve(Tazman64) at a get together. Wemeet for coffee from time totime, and I have bought a few really good watches from him.

We met a couple of weeks ago, so I could get a look at his new Megalodon in person. Impressive watch, really solid and nicely made. At one point Steve reached into his kit bag and brought out a box. "Check this out" he said, "it was the second watch I bought when I started collecting". In the box sat a lacquer finished Oceanaut wooden box, and in that box was a new,rarely worn Oceanaut AcquaMariner. Beautiful 42mm, ETA 2824-2, sapphire crystal, solid bracelet with the coolest diver's extention, black dial with a subtle wave pattern and gold outlined indices. Really nice attention to detail, well executed quality build. "Nice" I told Steve, "Really nice watch". "I want you to have it man, I won't wear it." he says.

Guys, nicest thing in a looong time that anyone has done for me. I'll always value this watch beyond what it is, and consider it special everytime I wear it.

. . . Is this the most incredible hobby, or what??? The people that are devoted to it have such an incredible sense of selflessness and sharing . . . . it blows my mind. Thank you Steve.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

What a great gift from your friend. Congrats and enjoy your good looking Oceanaut. Wear it in good health. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Super watch and a super story to go with it. Enjoy it and wear it with pride....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Well first Randy, congrats on what I know is a very nice watch! I have always liked Oceanaut watches since they first hit the watch scene. I really wanted to get this exact watch in TT but when they were on the TV selling channels, I wasn't in a position to buy one so you're a lucky guy! Next, I completely agree with you about the people that collect watches. I too have been the bebeficiary of some very nice gestures since I started collecting and a case in pointis the beautiful 8 head SWI winder that I recently won in a contest right here from our very own Mr. George! Taz did a wonderful thing that speaks volumes to the kind of people that enjoy this hobby and it's gestures like this that make me proud to know all of you here at WG. Nice job Taz!

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Very cool Oceanaut- it looks great on your wrist, too; what a bracelet! The aforementioned Megalodon is at the very top of my "must have" list. Unfortunately, I think the only way I'll be able to acquire one is if I can find an owner willing to part with his, which, judging by its popularity, is going to be hard to come by. Very nice of Steve to pass the Oceanaut on to you, knowing full well how much you'll appreciate it. Thanks for sharing the story of your latest acquisition.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Cool story (you are a gifted story-teller) and a very nice watch!

Watch-collectors are very generous with their time and with material things. I'm glad you got started as a result of this gesture. Thanks for sharing it with us.

David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.