Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over a year since my Oceanaire's movement crapped out. The hands went free wheeling and out of synch. I sent it to Metro Watch Co. And they sent it back saying they didn't have parts to fix the CL-888 "Swiss Cheese" movement. Up until that moment it had worked fine (7-8 years) with no issues.
So I took it to my watch maker and he said this movement was a near identical Chineese copy of a Miyota 8200 except for the hacking feature and the rotor. He sourced one out of another Citizen watch he had laying around and it fit right in! Running great! :party0010:

Reactions: Reflex

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's been over a year since my Oceanaire's movement crapped out. The hands went free wheeling and out of synch. I sent it to Metro Watch Co. And they sent it back saying they didn't have parts to fix the CL-888 "Swiss Cheese" movement. Up until that moment it had worked fine (7-8 years) with no issues.
So I took it to my watch maker and he said this movement was a near identical Chineese copy of a Miyota 8200 except for the hacking feature and the rotor. He sourced one out of another Citizen watch he had laying around and it fit right in! Running great! :party0010:
Great news! Question. Did your watch maker swap the movement? Or did he fix the broken parts with the identical Chinese copy to bring it back to its former glory?

Either way, glad its back on your wrist.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great news! Question. Did your watch maker swap the movement? Or did he fix the broken parts with the identical Chinese copy to bring it back to its former glory?

Either way, glad its back on your wrist.
Complete swap-out... And good to go for the long run!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts