Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really? Steinhart comes out with another watch. I really like this one. Just as much as my ocean 1 premium haha. Dial looks different. Not sure if I will make the plunge. Love Steinhart, but think I want a different brand to add to the collection for now. The second hand looks amazing on this. Same soprod A10 movement as seen in the other premium.

$495 Euro not too shabby

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Pretty sweet looking timepiece here. I'd go to the euro to usd converter website if it was just a little wider of a case and a little closer to 44.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Reactions: hikeNbike

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the thread needed a photo haha. I was too lazy in court on recess. Funny term for court break. Makes it sound like I'm back in the playground.

Back on topic, this watch has to tickle all of us Steiny fans.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I like it. I like the hands(no Mercedes hands), love that it is all titanium and a ceramic lumed bezel insert, date at 6 (my favorite) and a Soprod a-10 for $550! What's not to like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I've been thinking about a titanium diver. Hmmmmmm....

The specs say the case back is SS with window...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Beautiful piece, but unfortunately not for me. The Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT's my one and only Steiny true love. :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Definitely my new Steinhart favorite! Just got the email and was gonna post up about it. I have never flipped a watch, but I think I would try to sell my orange dial VDM for that watch.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Wow, I really like that one. I thought I had sworn off of Submariner homages, but they really hit this one out of the park.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could really see myself purchasing it. Like tattoo chef said, no Mercedes hands is real nice. Has a different look to it. If I do purchase it, it won't look like my other one which is nice. The soprod is okay in my books. Mine currently gains 5-7seconds a day approx on my other one. Was hoping for a solid 5. Usually I'm at 6 or 7

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Wow, I really like that one. I thought I had sworn off of Submariner homages, but they really hit this one out of the park.
This baby has more of a Blancpain 50 Fathoms vibe to it, then a Sub.

No Mercedes hands, no Cyclops, that's a big plus!

·
Registered
9,199 Posts
I ordered one last week against my better judgement and rule to not buy Steinhart anymore :)
Looking forward to seeing it.
Amazing specs with grade 5 Ti and Soprod mvt....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
I ordered one last week against my better judgement and rule to not buy Steinhart anymore :)
Looking forward to seeing it.
Amazing specs with grade 5 Ti and Soprod mvt....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

I call dibs when you flip it :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Trade you my VDM orange dial..... :)

·
Registered
4,912 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
On second thought after viewing this watch on a YouTube video I doubt if I would ever consider it.

The titanium looks like it has a blasted finish and is very dull looking, makes my Sinn 856 look like it's a Breitling in comparison. The finish on the watch doesn't look at all like the "Glam" advertisement photo above.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=091E3568A73157D868F6091E3568A73157D868F6
Yep. Way too many over-edited pics out there. Adjust the contrast, tweak the colours, boost the sharpness, and even an Nvicter can look half decent.

The giveaway is in the black sections and shadows. If all or almost all detail is lost, you know the pic looks nothing like the real thing.

Buyer beware!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts