Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
The cool thing about mechanical watches is that no two watches will perform exactly alike because there are so many factors involved during manufacture and assembly that may cause one identical watch to perform slightly different... Friction and manufacturing tolerances, wear and lubrication as well as final adjustment and assembly all play a role in the final product. So the short answer would be NO, but I'm sure it would be no worse than +/- 20 sec per day and if it was, it could be adjusted to tighter specs, maybe even +\- 2 sec/day but more likely +/- 6 sec/day... The Ocean 44 has a 2893-2 high beat 28,800 VPH movement which is well known for it's robustness and accuracy. My Glycine Airman houses the same and on any given day it also runs at about +6/day on the winder and about +4/day on the wrist...

Reactions: Roarry

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
The cool thing about mechanical watches is that no two watches will perform exactly alike because there are so many factors involved during manufacture and assembly that may cause one identical watch to perform slightly different... Friction and manufacturing tolerances, wear and lubrication as well as final adjustment and assembly all play a role in the final product. So the short answer would be NO, but I'm sure it would be no worse than +/- 20 sec per day and if it was, it could be adjusted to tighter specs, maybe even +\- 2 sec/day...

Great points, and on top of that, a watch's accuracy is dependent upon the way it is worn...and no two people can wear a watch the same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts