Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took forever coming from Canada where they're a little more freaked out about Covid then we are when it comes to mail anyway, but it's here and was definitely worth the wait. 40 winds and a trip to the timegrapher revealed that this seven year old Miyota 9015 is running at +4 sec a day and has 0 beat error. Outstanding. I talked to the PO and got the whole story. He was the second owner. Put it into a 25 watch rotation and gave it no love. So off to a new habitat. In short, it doesn't have a scratch on it.
Light blue matte dial with decent but not great lume. Crystal is a flat sapphire with A/R treatment on the inside. The bezel is weird cause I can't tell what it's made out of. But I can tell you this, it's chunky and rotates like butter with hardly any play. The bracelet is an Engineer style 5 link with solid end links, very solid. No pins, all screws. The case to lug pin is 1/16" thick. The case itself looks a little on the chunky side. They could have trimmed a little off the lugs, but hey it's still only 42 x 51 and 12mm thick and is not really that heavy. The lugs are 20mm apart. Big unguarded screw in crown. Not too thick though, so it should be safer than my Oris's which are truly BIG crowns. And last but not least comes the obligatory HEV on the 9 o'clock side of the case for when I get the urge to go saturation diving. 馃ぃ So far I couldn't be happier. The only thing IMO that lets it down is the lack of a ratcheting divers extension. But, I'm no diver. The deepest this baby will ever see will be the deep end of my best friends pool. But the bracelet is so nice that it would have been a nice finishing touch.
Well, unfortunately, I'm no photographer either. In my defense, there is no sunshine when I get home at midnight. But I try to find the best light I can. :)

Super Moderator
Don't you love it when a plan comes together Forza?!! 馃槑馃榾 Now
you have a brand new, and spotless OM on the wrist ! (y)(y) Man,
it looks remarkable from here, and am not just talking about the
shape it's in either. Just the design is astounding, and really takes
you back to the invincible looking micro brand divers from a few
years back sir.馃樀You just want to dive into every nook, and cranny !

The beautiful details everywhere from the dial, and bezel, to case
back, and bracelet amaze ! Enjoy sir, and HUGE congrats 2 U !!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom... it is surprisingly comfortable on the wrist. Build is very solid. I've already been to their site and am thinking very seriously about buying one of their new Seastars that are selling out like candy. Talk about your bang for the buck...馃榿

Registered
Thanks Tom... it is surprisingly comfortable on the wrist. Build is very solid. I've already been to their site and am thinking very seriously about buying one of their new Seastars that are selling out like candy. Talk about your bang for the buck...馃榿
They must be among the highest value for money watches on the market today and a sight for sore eyes. Congratulations! Most of their series are sold out very quick after release. I've missed the boat several times despite an email alert. Because I'm in a different time zone, the moment I opened the mail I was already too late. I'm way past my 2020 watch buying quota otherwise a 60s Seastar would be on its way. Great buy!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
While the Seastar is a nice watch, this Explorer with its minimalistic dial ticks the boxes for me. (y)
The dial really got me too. I usually never buy anything without a date. But there was something about the matte dial and color, minimal writing and matching bezel that just blew me away. The construction is amazing. Movement has been right on all day. I'm a happy guy.馃榾 Will definitely buy from them again...馃

Super Moderator
Don鈥檛 mention it Forza ! 馃檪(y) Yup, this one seems like it鈥檚
perfectly balanced. With a real chameleon way about it both
build, and comfort wise. It鈥檚 a best of both worlds kind of
watch honestly. 馃槑馃槑

Holy cowza, and by the way, those Seastars are too cool !!
The toughest thing is deciding between the 60鈥檚, or 70鈥檚
model !! Yowza sir !!! THX for just the news of them !

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Don鈥檛 mention it Forza ! 馃檪(y) Yup, this one seems like it鈥檚
perfectly balanced. With a real chameleon way about it both
build, and comfort wise. It鈥檚 a best of both worlds kind of
watch honestly. 馃槑馃槑

Holy cowza, and by the way, those Seastars are too cool !!
The toughest thing is deciding between the 60鈥檚, or 70鈥檚
model !! Yowza sir !!! THX for just the news of them !
For me, 60's without a doubt. The bezel, although sapphire on the 70 vs ceramic on the 60's doesn't cut it for me number wise. And I like the dial on the 60's better. And a sandblasted finish... I'm in deep man...o_O

Super Moderator
For me, 60's without a doubt. The bezel, although sapphire on the 70 vs ceramic on the 60's doesn't cut it for me number wise. And I like the dial on the 60's better. And a sandblasted finish... I'm in deep man...o_O
馃槃馃榾 Can totally understand Forza, those are out of this world cool ! :alien:
It's such a terrific style, and win win both looks, and price wise. Wow !!! 馃く

Registered
Love the simplicity and high contrast readability!

Looks solid as a rock as well!

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Not bad for a half wound 7 year old 9015... Man do I suck at photography. I'm just gonna start using my phone.馃槚

Registered
Dam those are great numbers, how is it in dif positions?

Registered
It looks like a tank on that bracelet, solid. I like the 12mm a lot, does it feel top heavy? The bracelet suits it right well, but I'd love to see it on the right blue strap.
Congratulations, that 100's rollin' up fast, with nice pieces too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Dam those are great numbers, how is it in dif positions?
With a full wind. The worst reading I got was + 4 seconds, 0 beat error. That is in 6 different positions. I love playing with this thing.:) I only have four other automatics that can equal or better those numbers and they're all ETA's. The best one is a 2892-A2 which I believe is the most under rated, most accurate third party movement there is.

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
It looks like a tank on that bracelet, solid. I like the 12mm a lot, does it feel top heavy? The bracelet suits it right well, but I'd love to see it on the right blue strap.
Congratulations, that 100's rollin' up fast, with nice pieces too.
Thank you very much. It is really not that heavy. And as you mentioned at 12mm,(mostly bezel) it is not top heavy at all. The bracelet is great because, all those little links conform to your wrist beautifully. It is a very comfortable piece. You are right about the 100. I just took delivery on a new case to up my capacity to 110. And I still have a few of those huge Invicta dive boxes just in case. Which BTW I found make fine humidors because of their great seals. 馃榿

Registered
If I recall I have been telling you for years those Miyota 9015 movements were more accurate then most of the ETAs I have. One Citizen Grand Classic I owned ran at +3 seconds................a WEEK!

Reactions: forzaferrari

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
If I recall I have been telling you for years those Miyota 9015 movements were more accurate then most of the ETAs I have. One Citizen Grand Classic I owned ran at +3 seconds................a WEEK!
We argued for days about ETA vs Sellita in the early days of ETA cutting supply to manufacturers that were not owned by Swatch. Sellita has gotten much better since we had that argument. And I now believe that they are a suitable replacement for ETA movements in mid-priced "Swiss Made" watch segment. But notice that none appear on my list although I own over a dozen of them. (post #16)
However, after spending a week with the 9015 in the Explorer I. I must say that although I do not believe that the smoothness of their sweep second hand is up to snuff with the ETA's or Sellita's. I do have newly found respect for their accuracy throughout it's larger 42hr power reserve. This unit also makes it possible to manufacture watches with case thickness of 11 or 12mm. Which I like a lot. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts