Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys see this new American watch company? They are Oak & Oscar, and are based right in Chicago everybody. With the watch itself being assembled and finished in Ohio by Lum-Tec. The Burnham is their very first watch, and is named after famous architect, and city planner Daniel Burnham. ..The Burnham has a 42 mm stainless steel case, double-domed AR coated sapphire crystals, 100 m WR, sandwich dials with BGW9 Super-Luminova, automatic Soprod A10 movement with 25 jewels, Horween leather strap, and wallet, and Crown & Buckle nylon blue strap with orange stitching.

Evidently just 300 watches are being made guys. With shipping looking to be in the early part of Fall

Have a look...

Oak & Oscar, along with Hodinkee everyone...

http://www.oakandoscar.com/watches/
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/the-oak-and-oscar-burnham

·
11,575 Posts
Pretty Good Looking piece!! I'm liking that sandwich dial allot. Thanks for the heads up AT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That is a great looking watch. I enjoy the soprod a10 movement. Wish I had money for it. Be nice to own a limited edition watch. Always think about it it ne ever catch my eye.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Not at that price range

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Well, first too small for me and IMO a little pricey even for a limited production watch.

·
11,575 Posts
I'm gonna be on the look out for a half price flipper cuz I really like the watch

·
11,575 Posts
Oak & Oscar

What price is it offered at? From my mobile, I reviewed the thread and went to the o&o website but couldn't find pricing.

$1450. Jeff you beat me to it

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I wanted to comment on this, just to add why I am somewhat excited about this model. Maybe excited is not the right word, but I like what they are doing anyways.

Many here know I do watch reviews elsewhere, and I see a lot of watches, especially from a lot of upstart brands such as these.

As most here know, and purchase, you have a lot of brands that are doing much of the same. A dive watch with a catalog bracelet, Miyota 9015 etc etc, all produced and assembled in China. One of our favorite brands on the forum here, Boschett, does the exact thing, and the Harpoon model for example is $725.

With this brand, you have a LE of 300, a Soprod A10, a custom designed dial(which I love the look of), decorated movement, horween handmade strap and travel roll, and I think some might have missed it, but these watches will be manufactured by Lumtecs factories, and then assembled in tested by Lumtec in Ohio....so with that backing, I think it puts some at ease knowing that this company is working with a well regarded established company.

I know its hard to think about spending that kind of money on an unknown brand, but in comparison to other micro brands and what they are doing, I think the price is in line with what it should be.

Thats just my take on it, some will disagree, but I like what this company is doing, will be interesting to see how many will actually preorder and how well the company does, but I like that they are not just doing run of the mill like some others.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Well, first too small for me and IMO a little pricey even for a limited production watch.

And for me, it's too big for a non diver. Guess you can't satisfy everyone :)

With only 300 made, they will probably sell out. Limited additions mean nothing to me. Let's see what their next watch is, and how pricey that one will be, if they do another.

Reactions: ganson

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
With this brand, you have a LE of 300, a Soprod A10, a custom designed dial(which I love the look of), decorated movement, horween handmade strap and travel roll, and I think some might have missed it, but these watches will be manufactured by Lumtecs factories, and then assembled in tested by Lumtec in Ohio....so with that backing, I think it puts some at ease knowing that this company is working with a well regarded established company.
Agreed. The price, while steep compared to most micro-brands, is reasonable when taking all its features into account.

This one is not my style, but I do like where they are going with it.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,735 Posts
Nice looking watch, and I lived in Chicago almost my entire life, but for almost $1,500 I can get 2 or 3 Steinharts, on bracelets, 300m WR with the same Soprod A10 in them for the same price.

Count me out.

·
Long Time Member
1,719 Posts
Its a very nice looking, and very unique watch, with solid specs and details. For me though, its not even whether or not its worth the $1500, its just that I don't have that much to spend on a watch, so I can't consider it.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
The owner visited Toronto and attended a Red Bar Watch GTG I was at and he brought this watch and I got to see and handle it. It looked well made and had some nice details in the watch, for example when the rotor spins the stars in the rotor turn red as the rotor spins over the jewel and give a shooting star appearance. The second hand is very cool and unique. The horween strap is VERY VERY nice.

It is a small watch and is more a dress piece than a diver. The company name is cool too. it's after his 2 passions in life. Oak is for his love of bourbon and Oscar is his pet Dog's name.

Cheers

Danny

Reactions: #four
1 - 20 of 21 Posts