Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It didn't stop me from working out but it sure was an extra challenge today. The older I get, the more challenging that becomes, too. Anyway, here is what I look like before my morning exercise:

...and here is what I looked like after a few minutes this morning at 85 degrees with 48% humidity:

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, if that rag on my head caught your eye, its a cooling towel/headband/scarf thing made by a company called Mission. It really works well and cools my head a good 15-20 degrees for close to an hour, I'd say. If you exercise or work out in the heat, I highly recommend getting one.

·
3,200 Posts
Wow...85 F. in the morning! That will be our high for today,good for you and keep on running..:smileyface_hand_cla

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow...85 F. in the morning! That will be our high for today,good for you and keep on running..:smileyface_hand_cla

That was at 6 a.m., too! It hit 90 around 8 and I'm done in an hour and a half so it really got rough around 730. I'm used to these temps now but that humidity was super tough and especially on anything even slightly uphill.

·
3,979 Posts
Mesh:
Count yer blessings.
Here in Malfunction Junction, Tx yesterday it was 106
(haven't a clue what the humidity was).
These huge hi pressure zones develop over Tx. So hi
temps and no rain are the norm. Plus Tx lies near the 30th
parallel. Some of the hottest places on earth are near
the 30th. Luv Tx or leave it they calls it.

Lou Snutt

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
Good for you. Keep up the hard work. Just remember it will be 110 degrees in Phoenix today. So if you think it is hot there you can be sure that it is hotter here. It is 92 at 7am.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good for you. Keep up the hard work. Just remember it will be 110 degrees in Phoenix today. So if you think it is hot there you can be sure that it is hotter here. It is 92 at 7am.

Thats a challenge, too, Marc, so I'm sure you spend as much time indoors as you can. Sometimes I just walk the strip and go in and out of hotels (cooling off intermittently that way) to get some steps in for the day. I like to do a little weights and a little cycling each day, too, but when its so hot and humid, I tend to cut back a little here and there and really limit my outdoor activity. I'm getting too old to rough it anymore. :)

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm proud of you. Making it happen no matter what ! Great job !
Thanks, Luis. I appreciate that a lot. Amazingly, the old man here can still get it done somehow. I saw my doctor a few weeks ago for a checkup and she asked me why I even bothered to come in (and thats a good thing). I haven't always been so fortunate to have her talk to me that way and it was so nice to hear that. It had a motivating impact on me. I've been on a bit of a "health kick" for the past couple of years. I try not to take my health for granted but I know I do at times so I need to have my spirits renewed every once in a while.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I added a NSFW tag to the title. You really need to warn people before posting your mug like that!

:anim_63::anim_63::anim_63::anim_63::anim_63:
Funny you say that. It was actually the NSFW that got me curious!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
48% humidity?! jeez. Gotta hand it to you. Any lesser man would've stayed home. And by any lesser man I mean me =)

Way to push yourself!

·
3,979 Posts
Mesh:
I have a son pushin 48 y o.
He is A Tri guy and Iron Man.
Used to do a mile in a 26.2 @ 8.06.
Used to do the 112 mile bike ride averaging +19.0 mph.
Swims like a brick (another deficiency)

Just completed the Boulder Full Tri.
Career worst finish ever.Maybe he needs
to hang em up? Wears a Garmin 920X

Lou Snutt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts