Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

okay, i have to say, that i used to be the biggest fan of Renato, especially the old models, still love the original wildebeast and vulcan designs, even like the calibre buzo............but the new designs are looking horrible in my opinion. It seems that they have a lack of design skills, they just keep taking the same watches over and over and just keep doing different dials and movts..........wich isnt always bad, unless you come up with something like this............

sorr, but this doesnt even look like a watch dial at all.....ridiculously hard to read and i know its a fashion thing, but i prefer fashion and function........this looks almost like a toy to me........sorry, just my opinions. i wish Renato would go back to their older designs ................i miss them...........if they dont, oh well........at least i know i can pick up the older models on Ebay.........

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I agree with you completely, that and the new T-Rex is a Bust IMO!!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Well at least I was not the first to say it - that is one INCREDIBLY ugly watch at least to me. There are so many things about it that I dont like that I don't even know where to start.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

so let me ask you Mike......what is it that you like about this one? everyone is entitled to their opinions, id like to know yours.........:)

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

This watch doesn't sing to me, it screams in a high pitch annoying sound. I have to agree with others that this is probably one of the worst looking Renato designs yet. What happened to clean 3 hand designs? Now they are cluttering the dials with dual time zones, ick!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
This watch doesn't sing to me, it screams in a high pitch annoying sound. I have to agree with others that this is probably one of the worst looking Renato designs yet. What happened to clean 3 hand designs? Now they are cluttering the dials with dual time zones, ick!!
its not event the dual time zones............its the way they did it..........and the big RC logo in diamonds................especially this one in the blue......reminds me of RC cola..............

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
its not event the dual time zones............its the way they did it..........and the big RC logo in diamonds................especially this one in the blue......reminds me of RC cola..............
Yea this watch is bad all the way around. I told my wife that this is one of the first Renatos that actually looks cheap.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I think it is very different. Probably something that would or could be considered very trendy but just seems unique. I have not been into this very long and don't know the history of dual dials but the idea just seems like I said unique. Not the best looking watch I have ever seen and personally I don't care for the diamond accents but I would consider the silvertone or gunmetal. I agree the design may be tired but the quality looks like it may still be there. As far as the movements could they have used better.....I don't know enough to say......

I guess I like the fashion idea of this one......maybe I just need sleep.

tattoo chef wrote:
so let me ask you Mike......what is it that you like about this one? everyone is entitled to their opinions, id like to know yours.........:)

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I agree Chef; what a waste of a great price!! Man, can you imagine the frenzy if this would have been a simple three hand with those color choices and at that price???
Oh well, maybe next time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
I agree Chef; what a waste of a great price!! Man, can you imagine the frenzy if this would have been a simple three hand with those color choices and at that price???
Oh well, maybe next time.
Well said, I would have bought two if it were a 3 hand or chrono! Dont like the look of this Beast at all, I would have to put my glasses on just to read it, not very functional, I'll pass.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

I picked up the Beast OTV in 2-tone, last night.

If if weren't for just ruining my Wilde-Beast OTV (from May, 2008) just days ago, I wouldn't have purchased this watch. Of the 4-5 Renato timepieces that I've purchased over the past 18 months, I've only kept the one (May, '08 OTV). I want to have at least one Renato in my collection. :)

Otherwise, there aren't any Renato designs that I like at present.

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

This doesnt suprise me at all. Renato is a company with a boat load of the same cases so they keep trying to reinvent the brand!! Why cant they do like all the big boys and make a few kicka$$ watches and stick with them???I'll tell you why, they want these guys that love the brand to have thirty watches!!! In two years you wont be able to get parts for that watch! Keep it simple and stick to a few dial colors and keep making the watch (rolex submariner) You can only make so many different beast or T-rex and that RC is friggin tacky!But hey, thats just how i feel about the brand!;)

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Cali kid wrote:
This doesnt suprise me at all. Renato is a company with a boat load of the same cases so they keep trying to reinvent the brand!! Why cant they do like all the big boys and make a few kicka$$ watches and stick with them???I'll tell you why, they want these guys that love the brand to have thirty watches!!! In two years you wont be able to get parts for that watch! Keep it simple and stick to a few dial colors and keep making the watch (rolex submariner) You can only make so many different beast or T-rex and that RC is friggin tacky!But hey, thats just how i feel about the brand!;)
So Cali.....tell us how ya really about the new Renatos???LOL

(actually I agree completely)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I think the new designs are butt ugly! I especially think the one shown is terribly ugly. The dual time, the RC in diamonda and that colour blue make it way to ugly for me. I also think they are just redesigning the same cases and bracelets and you can only do that for so long. I wouldn't buy one of these if I had all the money in the world!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

I'm done with Renato....Use to be my first pick but wont buy another one...They plaid it out...

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

this is the CHEAPEST Renato i've seen ever - In MANY ways!!

does nothing for me and looks tacky if you ask me!!

I'm not surprised it didnt sell out

1 - 20 of 36 Posts