Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody else Invicta'd out like I am? I try to catch all prime time watch shows, but I just can't handle the repitition at this point.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Moved this thread to the shopnbc section.

I agree with you, but also realize that WE (all of us on watch related forums) are not really the target audiences for all of these shows. They have so many on because most people DO NOT watch every single show, or even know when they are all on. We (myself included) checks the schedules for shows, posts the schedules here, and then actually tries to watch a lot of the shows, lol. We are far and away NOT the normal casual viewer.

I think most people happen to be channel surfing, happen to see one of the shows totally by chance, get caught up in the item or sales pitch being presented and before long they have a new sale. We on the other hand will watch an entire show from start to finish or even tape them. By doing that it DEFINITELY gets very repetitive as there are only so many items being presented for each "big event".

I try now to PRECHECK the online listings on the shopnbc site to see what is scheduled to be shown that show and try to only tune in when something I know I will be interested in is on. I do this for ALL WATCH brands.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I dont get Invicta'd out as you mainly because I dont watch all of it. I look at the preview and if there is something I might want too see then sure I will watch, but I have way too much to do too sit and watch watch shows all damned night!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

LOL. C'mon Ron, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back now!

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

Thats what i do is look on the previews and if i see something that blows my skirt up i get on right before the show come on and grab it, there are certain models i like and certain host i like. but yea like Ron you can't sit through every one.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Iam going to have to precheck like your doing James its boring to see the same watches with different color dials and less expensive movements over and over.

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

i too am getting invicta'd out. i do have a half a dozen or so of the brand but its turning into a 'soap'..what happened to philip watch? have not seen them on snbc in over a month.. thank god LeCheteau (chinatown) is gone!

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Love My Wristwear wrote:
i too am getting invicta'd out. i do have a half a dozen or so of the brand but its turning into a 'soap'..what happened to philip watch? have not seen them on snbc in over a month.. thank god LeCheteau (chinatown) is gone!
I think ShopNBC has pretty much switched over to mainly Invicta. I would call it their main watch. The variety there is leaning more and more towards Invicta. This seemed to happen over the past 6 months. The other brands are on about once or twice every month or two. I think that is why Invicta and ShopNBC have been able to bring out some great deals. I would dare say that the majority of Invicta's sales are through ShopNBC. Costco and TJMaxx carry them, but they are hard to find at most other retailers. It's great if you like Invicta, but if you own a lot of them like me it's not so great. I would like to see them carry Sector and Philip more as well.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Love My Wristwear wrote:
I think ShopNBC has pretty much switched over to mainly Invicta. I would call it their main watch. The variety there is leaning more and more towards Invicta. This seemed to happen over the past 6 months. The other brands are on about once or twice every month or two. I think that is why Invicta and ShopNBC have been able to bring out some great deals. I would dare say that the majority of Invicta's sales are through ShopNBC. Costco and TJMaxx carry them, but they are hard to find at most other retailers. It's great if you like Invicta, but if you own a lot of them like me it's not so great. I would like to see them carry Sector and Philip more as well.
Interesting I find them out here all over the place

Precision time
Zales
TJ Maxx
Costco
JC Penny's

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Love My Wristwear wrote:

Precision time
Zales
TJ Maxx
Costco
JC Penny's
I don't go to Zales or Penny's so that's good to know. I've never heard of Precision Time. I do see them in a lot of pawn shops.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Love My Wristwear wrote:

Precision time
Zales
TJ Maxx
Costco
JC Penny's
I don't go to Zales or Penny's so that's good to know. I've never heard of Precision Time. I do see them in a lot of pawn shops.
Me either, But the wife is a avid shopper and she tells me where she see's them! And I dont go too Pawn shops so thats good for me to know as well!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Let's not forget the Mecca of all watch enthusiasts - Sam's Club!

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

i found a couple of new luninox watches in a pawn shop about a year ago. base model on rubber was $75 and stnls. was $100. i got the $75 base and the LUM is great. you can see it 10 feet away in the dark. the gas system glows like no others i have ever seen. that kinda spoiled me. thanks for the thought i think i will chech out the site for 2010 models real soon..don't think they have mech/autos??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts