Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been accessing the "Trade" forum for months now, and I haven't seen one new post in more than three months.

Is this factual (last trade posted on March 18), or am I missing something?:confused:

·
Registered
634 Posts
trades are tough, especially when not done in person.
there really isn't any protection, and you just have to trust the person you are trading with.
then, someone has to have just what you are looking for, or at least, close enough.
then, either the watches have to be around the same value (which can differ from person to person sometimes, especially condition based) or there has to be a cash substitution on one end.
THEN, someone has to be the first to ship their item.

so much to go wrong at any given time.

I had a wonderful watch buying experience here on the forum, but I paid with paypal after I got an invoice. if the watch had never shown up, or it was not as described, I had a way to get my money back. with a trade....once you send your watch, thats pretty much it.

in my opinion, thats why trades are far more infrequent than sales.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trades are tough, especially when not done in person.
there really isn't any protection, and you just have to trust the person you are trading with.
then, someone has to have just what you are looking for, or at least, close enough.
then, either the watches have to be around the same value (which can differ from person to person sometimes, especially condition based) or there has to be a cash substitution on one end.
THEN, someone has to be the first to ship their item.

so much to go wrong at any given time.

I had a wonderful watch buying experience here on the forum, but I paid with paypal after I got an invoice. if the watch had never shown up, or it was not as described, I had a way to get my money back. with a trade....once you send you watch, thats pretty much it.

in my opinion, thats why trades are far more infrequent than sales.
I've made several trades over the years. I check sites every day for possibilities. This is the only site that I've run into this trouble, so I was sure it was me.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
Well, start a new trend an post some WTT watches or a FSOT post.

Generally, folks will just post a FSOT post instead if they would consider whole or partial trades here on WF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, start a new trend an post some WTT watches or a FSOT post.

Generally, folks will just post a FSOT post instead if they would consider whole or partial trades here on WF.
I have tried at different times to post a possible trade but have been stopped by moderator messages every time.

Catch-22?

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
I have tried at different times to post a possible trade but have been stopped by moderator messages every time.

Catch-22?

You may want to read the FS/FT/WTB rules.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You may want to read the FS/FT/WTB rules.
I've read the rules; I understand the prohibitions, hence my "Catch-22" reference.

I even tried asking my question on the Trade Forum but was even prohibited from that:mad2: with this notification: **You are restricted from starting new topics in this section because you do not have the required minimum of 30 posts. Please participate on the forum. **

Consequently, I'm asking the question on this forum.

Is there a more appropriate forum?

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I've read the rules; I understand the prohibitions, hence my "Catch-22" reference.

I even tried asking my question on the Trade Forum but was even prohibited from that:mad2: with this notification: **You are restricted from starting new topics in this section because you do not have the required minimum of 30 posts. Please participate on the forum. **

Consequently, I'm asking the question on this forum.

Is there a more appropriate forum?

I'm not sure what you are asking here.
Trades do happen here, might just be the members here right now are not in a trading mood.

As far as catch 22, the rules are in place for a reason as they have always been( which is now a 60 day/75 post minimum. The reason? It's for participating and active members, not just to be a watch sellers Craigslist.
Many forums, Facebook groups etc that allow selling/trading are similar.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
What? Not sure if I understand your comment. The WF mod/admin team are well aware of the rules.

That notification is a back-end notification, not handled by the admins or moderators.

·
Registered
634 Posts
What? Not sure if I understand your comment. The WF mod/admin team are well aware of the rules.

That notification is a back-end notification, not handled by the admins or moderators.

it was a joke.
obviously not a very good one since you missed it.
no point in an in-depth explanation now, but I assure you it was hilarious at the time. I am easily amused.
The short of it was I assumed the admins would be able to change those messages and were just unaware it was spitting out inaccurate messages.

a PM to the tech team that handles that sort of thing seems like a logical step in the direction of fixing that error.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Many watches are listed as "For Sale or Trade" so they may not show up in the trade section but in the for sale section. I am a fan of trading and if you have something your looking to trade let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts