Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was sitting here thinking to myself that my house was getting cold. I went over and looked at the thermostat and yes it confirmed my suspicions. Not only was it cold, but it is showing that my furnace is running and it's not. :WW:WW:WW:madd

I looked the furnace over and I can't see anything wrong. I changed the batteries in my thermostat, I changed the filter, I made sure all the wires are hooked up and nothing. I can get it to start momentarily, but then the burners just shut off and the blower runs cold air through the house.

I hate calling HVAC people because they really stick it to you. I guess I won't be buying any watches for quite some time now :madd:madd:madd:madd:WW

Oh well such is life. :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I was sitting here thinking to myself that my house was getting cold. I went over and looked at the thermostat and yes it confirmed my suspicions. Not only was it cold, but it is showing that my furnace is running and it's not. :WW:WW:WW:madd

I looked the furnace over and I can't see anything wrong. I changed the batteries in my thermostat, I changed the filter, I made sure all the wires are hooked up and nothing. I can get it to start momentarily, but then the burners just shut off and the blower runs cold air through the house.

I hate calling HVAC people because they really stick it to you. I guess I won't be buying any watches for quite some time now :madd:madd:madd:madd:WW

Sorry, but if you didn't buy the Kremke and the NFW you could have paid the heating bill.....:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Can you make it through the night? Do you have a fireplace? Stay warm and make sure the pipes don't freeze and create more problems....

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Damn...sorry to hear that Rob I know they are not cheap. Had a few things happen to my home this year also and it sucked...Hopefully its a cheap and easy fix for ya bro..

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks guys I mean Jack Ha Ha LOL!! Marc is just laughing at me Ha Ha LOL!!! I'm going to guess that the brain (computer) will need to be replaced so it will probably be quite costly. The sad thing about it is that my home is only 9 years old Argh!!!! It is what it is :WW:WW:madd

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:

Sorry, but if you didn't buy the Kremke and the NFW you could have paid the heating bill.....
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Can you make it through the night? Do you have a fireplace? Stay warm and make sure the pipes don't freeze and create more problems....
Hopefully it doesn't get too bad. We are in the 30's so freezing pipes might be a problem Ugh.....

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Thanks guys I mean Jack Ha Ha LOL!! Marc is just laughing at me Ha Ha LOL!!! I'm going to guess that the brain (computer) will need to be replaced so it will probably be quite costly. The sad thing about it is that my home is only 9 years old Argh!!!! It is what it is :WW:WW:madd
That is when we noticed things going, around 10 years. Our house is 14 now and we replaced the water heater, and had major repairs ont he furnace and the AC. Is it gas? If so it can be a clogged jet. They have a safety feature and they shut off if clogged. This happened to us. It was a cheaper fix then the brain, though we had that replaced once as well.....Good luck and stay warm....

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

hey country -settle down -is it a gas burner??

if so -there's a sensor (stick) where the burners are - its a metal stick that sites right where the flames burn - if your burner turns on mometarily and then off -its probably this sensor

you will need to take it off (there's a screw) and get some sand paper and shine it up - call CJ he'll give you some tips on this

also check your exhaust pipe from the furnace to the chimney- right where it attaches to the furnace- look for a dead bird- sometimes that's the issue - its probably the sensor though

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

It looks like I can get it started by turning the main power off and on, but unfortunately I will have to do this every time to get it to turn back on. It is either the thermostat or the brain. It looks like I will get the privilege of paying an HVAC guy to tell me that I'm stupid LOL!!!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

COUNTRY!!!! it was nice talking to ya last night- even if it was just a few minutes - gotta get my beauty sleep!!!

G

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

George that's a bummer!!! I hope they tell you that it is only something minor and willnot cost you very much.. stay warm buddy.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Rob

Any news? Did you get a service tech out? I have a contract with a local repair company. They service my furnace and AC unit twice a year, once before winter and once before summer. Also, they guarantee quick service calls and discount parts if I need to call them out.....

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

UPDATE: Well I tightened down some wires last night and the furnace is working for now. I will be watching it over the next few days. If it starts acting up again I will assume it is the computer and then I will call out a technician. Thanks for everybodys kind words.

It was a pleasure talking to you George. Thanks for the call last night.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.