Watch Freeks banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*** Sorry, I have replaced the shots I originally posted of the watch on the stock black strap. In an attempt to get the colors correct the initial pics made the watch appear to be comprised of many different colors, which is not the case. I wanted to revise the photos for anyone considering a purchase and who would like to retain the stock black strap. The first 4 pics are now representative (at least on my monitor) of the stock watch. It really is lovely right out of the box ***

... that's no Depth Gauge ;) ?!? No, no it isn't. I have always liked Oris ... just never found one with exactly all the right elements. I have also been on the prowl for a yellow watch to add to my stable.

Found this Aquis from 2015 Basel ... and on the gray market at Jomashop and had to snap it up:

I absolutely love the ratcheting clasp and the dual finish DLC is deep looking and yummy ...

Then I ran across the Oris Depth Gauge ... the DLC - yellow strapped version to be exact and wondered out loud .... gee, it would be great if the strap would fit my watch. One trip to my local AD and now I have a REALLY yellow watch :p .

The watch is incredibly difficult to photograph partly because my cam seems to wig out a little on yellow. It constantly tries to color correct the yellow on the dial and wash it out while enhancing and brightening the yellow on the strap. It also does not help when the watch has been out in the sun and the lume (which is quite good) has a full charge. Indoors The yellow print, the yellow lume, and the yellow strap all match perfectly. If the lume has even a little charge when being photo'ed it glows blue. Ugh. The best overall color representation are really the 3 wristies at the bottom. Anyway, this in now my poor mans Oris Depth Gauge:

If you thought the PVD buckle looked spectacular above, it really pops and looks beautiful against the yellow:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW!

I haven't seen that particular model. I love it!
Yeah, Oris brought them out at Basel this year ... the yellow (which they called green at the time) and a light blue. The DLC is really well done. While coming in at 43mm, it wears small and is quite comfy, especially on rubber.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sharp looking Oris indeed! And that yellow strap certainly adds more character to the entire piece. Enjoy it in good health, my friend!

Reactions: Pallet Spoon

·
Super Moderator
14,603 Posts
Yeah yowza, for some reason don't remember this particular Oris Spoon. Holy cowza, what a get, and also combo with that strap !!! :eek: :eek: :smileyface_hand_cla Just is exceptional all the way around, and grabs your attention in a really cool way. It's 100% cool, with an attitude, but also very sporty, and fun. Wow, beautiful watch Spoon ! Giant congrats there, and I hope you really are enjoying !!!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,885 Posts
I'm growing yellow with envy!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow you have a truly beautiful watch, it's exactly what this forum is all about. Well done!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
LEMONY :)

The markers on the watch look more Lime which I really like, or is that just the lighting?

it looks killer on the black strap.

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Very cool Oris, nice pickup.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump for revised pics on the stock black strap in the OP.

No Danny, it is not lime (green) ;) . It does certainly take on a bit of a green tint and as mentioned, I believe Oris billed it as green at Basel. The first 4 photos and the 3 wristies are still the best representation of true color.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts