Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Delayed until the fall....production problems.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

I'm sorry Rob -Now that you have a fancy smancy Kremke - Ur not allowed to buy a "TV BRAND"!!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Really??? That's not cool. What kind of problems are we talking about? Is this on the down low? If it is PM me Ha Ha LOL!!!
No, George fox posted it in another forum. He said it was not right and he would not release it until it was.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Fall??? I had not heard that.
Holy smokes, I guess I can stop saving for a while and get me one those "Krunkles" or is "Krackle"??? Rob has.:b:%

CJ

Spaceview wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
Really??? That's not cool. What kind of problems are we talking about? Is this on the down low? If it is PM me Ha Ha LOL!!!
No, George fox posted it in another forum. He said it was not right and he would not release it until it was.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Originally Posted by G.Fox The Fish is hibernating until Springtime.... ;>)

Actually, I'll soon be headed to the factory to work together with the engineering team. They just haven't been getting the details the way I want them. So, if I go there myself, and we work together face-to-face for 3 or 4 days we can get this net this nasty fish.

It actually looks very nice as is, but there are some details that are just not getting resolved to my satisfaction. If I sit at the same table with the engineering team we can work out all the nitty gritty details and I'll be happy when I see it.

On the bright side, this gives you a chance to recover from all that Holiday spending!

G

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Fall??? I had not heard that.
Holy smokes, I guess I can stop saving for a while and get me one those "Krunkles" or is "Krackle"??? Rob has.:b:%

CJ

Spaceview wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
Spaceview wrote:
You should pick up a Krunkle. They are great watches Ha Ha LOL!!:%:%

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

G. Fox posted
Sure, I'd be glad to!

This was the shortest Hong Kong trip I've ever done. With a new baby in the house, Mrs Fox wanted me back home as fast as humanly possible (if not faster!). ;>)

So, this trip consisted of 3 days in the air, 3 days on the ground. But it was a very busy 3 days and we accomplished a LOT!

VIPERFISH:
Basically, the V-Fish was beginning to head off-course before the trip. Communicating tiny adjustments that I wanted on this thing, via email, was just not sufficient. It's a complex case, consisting of over 30 individual pieces, and every one of them is custom designed, tooled, and manufactured.

So, there were things changing that I didn't want changed, and other things that I DID want changed were NOT changing. So, the Fish was beginning to evolve into some other creature. I didn't want to try to fix this via a Skype video conference. In this situation the best thing to do is to go and sit side-by-side with the engineers, go back to square one, and do it right, making sure what the appearance, structure and assembly is the way I want it to be.

We completely re-engineered it, based on the original intent of the design. We scrapped any parts tooling that had already been done and will just make all new tooling for those items.

The good news is the engineering now accurately reflects the original design intention. The bracelet's a little tricky, so I'm waiting for revised CAD models based on the new engineering drawings so I can see how the links look when curved (as in, how it will look when on your wrist).

The bad news (well, not necessarily bad, I suppose) is that since we went back to square one, we're now looking at August/September timeframe for delivery. But, I just don't rush a product to market. If it's not right, it's not right... Simple as that. And this case is a tricky one.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I sent a PM to George on this site with a link to this thread to see if he could post some more updated info.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
G. Fox posted
Sure, I'd be glad to!

This was the shortest Hong Kong trip I've ever done. With a new baby in the house, Mrs Fox wanted me back home as fast as humanly possible (if not faster!). ;>)

So, this trip consisted of 3 days in the air, 3 days on the ground. But it was a very busy 3 days and we accomplished a LOT!

VIPERFISH:
Basically, the V-Fish was beginning to head off-course before the trip. Communicating tiny adjustments that I wanted on this thing, via email, was just not sufficient. It's a complex case, consisting of over 30 individual pieces, and every one of them is custom designed, tooled, and manufactured.

So, there were things changing that I didn't want changed, and other things that I DID want changed were NOT changing. So, the Fish was beginning to evolve into some other creature. I didn't want to try to fix this via a Skype video conference. In this situation the best thing to do is to go and sit side-by-side with the engineers, go back to square one, and do it right, making sure what the appearance, structure and assembly is the way I want it to be.

We completely re-engineered it, based on the original intent of the design. We scrapped any parts tooling that had already been done and will just make all new tooling for those items.

The good news is the engineering now accurately reflects the original design intention. The bracelet's a little tricky, so I'm waiting for revised CAD models based on the new engineering drawings so I can see how the links look when curved (as in, how it will look when on your wrist).

The bad news (well, not necessarily bad, I suppose) is that since we went back to square one, we're now looking at August/September timeframe for delivery. But, I just don't rush a product to market. If it's not right, it's not right... Simple as that. And this case is a tricky one.
WOW!!! I had no idea. Thanks for posting this Marc.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
I sent a PM to George on this site with a link to this thread to see if he could post some more updated info.
Very good idea James. I thought about PM'ing him before posting this thread. Hopefully he will hop on the forum and give all of us an update.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Well that gives me more time to save up for that bad boy. And since the head gasket on my wifes car went out there goes 1800 dollars that could have went to some new watches.:WW:BE

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

DenFromNM wrote:
Well that gives me more time to save up for that bad boy. And since the head gasket on my wifes car went out there goes 1800 dollars that could have went to some new watches.:WW:BE
I would get your wife a Public Transportation schedule and pick up an $1800 watch :%:lol:l

·
Registered
347 Posts
imported post

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of presence lately! Been super busy since returning from Hong Kong. We've had a large quantity of watches that went to the NFL Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl. It was all hands on deck prepping everything. But I still didn't get any Super Bowl tickets!

:whatever:

Am also resuming work on a new digital timing device for all the NFL refs to use during games next season. This one's pretty complex and requires custom software programming, which means I design the user interface for it...

Anyway, about the ViperFish: It's not having production problems. It was having engineering problems. The problem was that the engineering team wasn't getting the details the way I wanted and the watch was beginning to morph into something other than what I wanted. So, I brought it back to square one, sat side-by-side with the engineers, and together we banged it out. So, it's back on track and looking the way I intended. This meant scrapping some of the tooling that was already made and literally going back to the origins of the design in order to get what I wanted, making sure the engineeringaccurately reflected the design.So, we're looking at August or Sept for delivery. But when investing several hundred thousand dollars in something I want to make damn sure it's the way I want it. I'm sure you guys would feel the same if you were in my shoes!

I just don't rush things and I make sure they're right. If they're not right then I make sure they get fixed before any production begins. Although, I must admit, I was so excited about this watch when we finished the computer models that I definitely let the cat out of the bag too early! So, I apologize for teasing you too soon with this one!

Thanks,

George

NFW

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Thanks George. You know everyone is drooling over this one....

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

WELL GEORGE THANKS FOR THE UPDATE LOOKS LIKE THE AP WILL HAVE TO DO UNTIL AUG. OR ?? SURE AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE VIPERFISH HOPE YOU TOLD THE ENGINEERS TO PUT IN A TOP MOVEMENT.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.