Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HEREIS A LOOK AT THE NFWVIPERFISH. A NEW DIVER FROM NFW DUE OUT BY LATE NOVEMBER.......THESE ARE RENDERINGS ANDNOT THE FINAL PRODUCT. I WILL BE POSTING SOME COLORCOMBOS AND SOME PROTOTYPE CASE PICS INANOTHER THREAD SHORTLY.....ENJOY

CASE CONSTRUCTION:
The case is constructed in 3 layers, and are connected via the 4 “screw barrels” that protrude muscularly from the sides of the case: 2 on the left side and 2 on the right which are integrated into the crown protectors.

MOVEMENTS:

Automatic: Miyota 821A (the new, nicely decorated version of the very dependable 8215)

Chronograph: Miyota OS60 professional-grade quartz chrono (screw-locked chrono pushers)

- SIZE: 48mm (excluding the crown and screw barrels) x 18.5mm height

- CRYSTAL: 5mm thick sapphire, with anti-reflective coating

- Triple layer SuperLuminova on skeletonized hands, dial markers and bezel.

- W/R: 300 meters/ 1000 ft water-resistance

- Will come with BOTH the screwed-link bracelet (with diver extension clasp) and the fitted rubber strap.

- Will pass ISO 6425 test standards to be considered a “real” dive watch (this will NOT be a "fashion" dive watch!)

Now that you know a little bit more about it, here's what it looks like:

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

This watch is smokin Don....cant wait to see what it looks like when its finished.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

im not supposed to say anything...........because pricing is not all figured out........but put it in the same price range as some of the micro brand divers..........

·
Registered
139 Posts
imported post

I love the watch but it will be out of my price range. Oh well, I'll live vicariously through those that get it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Thyis really is a great looking piece! I really like both versions and would like to get one but it probably won't be right away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
imported post

I love NFW and own a Vector and a Autopilot. Th quality is outstanding and the company itself is topshelf as is the owner Geo who I consider a personal friend.

Here is my problem. Geo produces in smaller quantities which means the price point is a bit higher but its worth it because of the quality and company backing you get . I just hope Geo works some of his magic because I dont care what it is an 8215 engine in anything is not a 500 dollar watch. Im hoping he can bring this in at slightly over auto pilot MSRP but not to exceed 400 dollars.

just my 2 cents but im basing it on whats on the market and given a choice I will always go with a NFW piece but when the price elevates to a certain point it is in competition with all swiss made pieces. I look to see the Viperfish auto at about 450 and the chrono at about 375 to 400. If he can do that Geo will have the hit of the year on his hand

Geo deserves the hit of the year by the way. First cause Wave says so (lol) but mostly cause hes one of us and a great guy who ensures you get a top quality product and backs it up with great C/S

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Wave - do you have pictures of your NFW watches you can post in a new thread in this NFW section. I do not currently own any NFW watches and would love to see yours if possible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
imported post

TV Ill work on that. I have two issues with posting photos right now. First my right hand had surgery last thursday so Im having trouble holding anything and Im typing totally lelft handed. Second Im a techno moron and ive accumulated almost 13 thousand posts on another forum and only posted photos once and NH wood did that for me. I did recently get a digital camera from a friend so I will work on it

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

wave - I will happily assist you with posting pictures if you need help!
:)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

This really is gonna be an awesome dive watch. Now if I could just figure a way to get one and I'll be in good shape!!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Cant wait to see the final colors involved!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
Wave - do you have pictures of your NFW watches you can post in a new thread in this NFW section. I do not currently own any NFW watches and would love to see yours if possible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
imported post

I talked to them last Thursday and the watch is going to be delayed until just after the first of the year- January they say. :( That diver case is unreal (they said the delay is due to some re-tooling issue with the case but I'm not looking for quartz watches- the OS-60 is pretty basic un-jeweled quartz at that. That case is so sick though- maybe with that 7750'ish dial configuration, I could find an auto-chrono mvmt to pop in there myself,... I mean , pay my watchguy to pop it in there- didn't want to imply I have the skills- merely the VISA. This Fox guy is such a perfectionist, this thing may not be out until Xmas 2010. Everything I've read about the brand has been positive so I guess he must know what he's doing.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

The "G Man's" watches are top notch, first rate and "Bad To The Bone"!!! I've been drooling over this Viperfish for sometime now as I know some of you have been as well. First "lick" is MINE!!!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts