Watch Freeks banner

NFW Customer Support

7K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  mygreen74tr6 
#1 ·
If anyone wanted to know what kind of customer service is to be expected after you buy your watch from NFW, see the attachments. This has been my experience since January this year. Start with NFW1. In addition to the numerous email attempts, I have called the office using the phone number listed on NFW's webpage and no one ever answers. The private message I sent to George was read, but never replied to.

As of 4 May, any email I send to either George directly, or the NFWonline email address go unanswered.

Draw your own conclusions.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Very surprising. I e-mailed him on a couple occasions about a watch I was thinking about getting, and he always replied.
That was a while ago and he has been a lot busier lately.

Maybe, he doesn't have just the keepers for sale. Maybe you have to buy the strap itself, but he should have said that.

#5 ·
You say one keeper broke off when you first got the AP. Did you contact him about it then?

You say you've had the AP for a few years now and the other keeper broke.
What watch company has a warranty on straps?

Now, if you contacted him when the first one came off or you just got the watch, OK, but 3 years later?

I don't get it. Please clarify.

#6 ·
None of what you said is relevant. George emailed him back on 1-29-14 and said he'd send the keepers at no charge. The OP didn't ask him to do that. George volunteered to do it and then disappeared. I don't blame him for being irritated/pissed. George needs to follow thru on what he said he'd do, and it shouldn't take 3 months to get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#8 ·
This is rather disheartening to hear. This forum has often touted NFW as being one of the best in the business in regards to customer service. I can't even count the number of times I have read about George going above and beyond for WF members.

Its a shame Eric has had to post this on the forum, but it does look like George dropped the ball. Hopefully this will get reconciled now and we can go back to holding NFW to the ridiculously high expectations he has historically exceeded.

#11 ·
i have always heard great things about his service but I don't own a watch of his so can't comment firsthand....THis sounds unusual for him.

This also sounds exactly like what i went thru with a Clerc that i had with the exact same issue where the rubber keeper broke off....I emailed, called etc all to no avail...Finally emailed Gerald Clerc the CEO and he responded within minutes saying someone would get right on it....Guess what, nobody ever did.....I ended up asking the fine forum guys if anyone had a spare keeper and thats how i ended up fixing it....I then solved it completely by selling the watch and vowing to never own anther Clerc....Service is as important as the watch to me...

Id be shocked if George doesnt help out here.. He's always been a great guy.

#12 ·
It sucks that such a small thing and he didn't take care of it , and you were not looking for a hand out either, you were willing to pay.
I agree he shouldn't be burned at the stake for this either, it's an oversight on his part for sure but hopefully he will make it right.
In meantime have you thought about getting a different rubber strap(isofrane,benofrane, etc ) or a nice 24mm leather?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
It sucks that such a small thing and he didn't take care of it , and you were not looking for a hand out either, you were willing to pay.
I agree he shouldn't be burned at the stake for this either, it's an oversight on his part for sure but hopefully he will make it right.
In meantime have you thought about getting a different rubber strap(isofrane,benofrane, etc ) or a nice 24mm leather?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
The thing is, I really like the strap that came with the watch. It's one of the best rubber straps I've ever worn. Plus, it was the one designed for the SF Autopilot, so I'd like to keep them together.

#14 ·
I didn't know you had to have at least 100 posts and 50 likes on WF before you could get customer service...

:rolleyes:

It sounds like Eric has attempted to continue communication with George to resolve his situation appropriately (through multiple emails as well as private messaging through this site). If emailing the owner of the company doesn't work, and private messages get read but not replied to, what else is the customer supposed to do? He could call NFW, but IMO this situation should have been resolved before it even got to that point.

I still have faith that George will find this thread and will make good on his promise.

#16 ·
I can see both sides. Eric did what I would have done.

To me the fact George said he would take care of it and then
didn't follow through is the issue. After sales service is as important as pre sales service.

It just takes one little screw-up to tarnish a reputation.
In today's fast paced world of social media, word gets out fast and furious.
I'll give George the benefit of the doubt. From all I've read this seems out of character for him.

I do not own a NFW watch.
Would I buy one?.....Yes.

Hopefully Eric ends up satisfied in the end.

#19 ·
Eric,

I apologize for dropping the ball on sending you a new strap keeper.

I made a mistake. I routinely field these kind of things at all hours of the day and I always try my best to go above & beyond in taking care of our customers (most of which never gets reported publicly), but occasionally I screw-up for a customer, as I've done with you.

Will make good and again, I apologize, Eric.

George
NFW

#20 ·
Eric,

I apologize for dropping the ball on sending you a new strap keeper.

I made a mistake. I routinely field these kind of things at all hours of the day and I always try my best to go above & beyond in taking care of our customers (most of which never gets reported publicly), but occasionally I screw-up for a customer, as I've done with you.

Will make good and again, I apologize, Eric.

George
NFW

Even though he wears Batman undies....he's still just a one of the guys...... :eek:

:laughing:

#24 ·
Before I lock this down, as the OP issue has been resolved, I will state, and say a few things.

One, I get where TexasTee is coming from too a point, meaning, we get to know people somewhat when they post alot and interact alot on the forum, and we can get a feel of the person they are(somewhat anyways).

But, with that said, the OP came to this forum, because he knew there was an NFW forum here, and figured he would try to reach out this way.

His wording maybe could have been a little better, as it more or less came off that this is the type of customer service you can expect from George and NFW and as most of us know that is not the case.

This was just an issue where George was busy and forgot about it, and in the end, you , me, George or nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes and drop the ball sometimes, like it or not.

But, the issue has been resolved, George will take care of sending this member his keepers and all is good at the end of the day.

Fortunately no burning at the stakes will be taking place today.

#26 ·
Eric,

I am glad that your issue got resolved to your satisfaction after all this time. Having had a little to do with those watches (and, I mean "a little", as George designed them and did all the work to make it happen), I am biased. George is a good friend of mine, and of the special operations community. I'm sure that you have made an oversight in the past. Hopefully, you have not been brought in front of the public and shamed because of it. But, essentially, that's what I feel you did. However, to be fair, I understand the pragmatism of your approach (to wit, "The squeaky wheel gets the oil"). Just know that George Fox is one of the very few people in the industry, in this specific segment, that actually cares and takes pride in the integrity of his company. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence of this throughout this, and a few other forums. Wear your watch with pride. It was partly designed in the operations conference room of the 7th Special Forces Group; I know, I was there. :)

ND

#29 ·
I can't say enough good things about George's customer service. There were a few things missed out in one of my orders and before I even knew they were missing George emailed me that he had already sent them out. Not even sure how many separate follow up messages I've got from him in my dealings, there have been many. In almost any industry I deal with he without question takes top honours for impeccable service - especially for a guy that is so busy I don't know how he keeps his head above water.

#31 ·
I will say when you are a member of an internet forum where you most likely sourced a retailer, it would almost seem natural that if things didn't go right between you and that retailer that you would turn to the forum knowing that might help you get your issue resolved. I know from being in customer service since 1995 that the advent of the internet has allowed every squeaky wheel to sound off loudly. Good service is expected, so very few jump on the net and sound off about good or great service. I can tell you just about every person that I don't please in whatever way they expected pounds me on a survey. It's the nature of the beast that we all created. I'm glad it was made right, even though it was a rather small situation, but then again, it may feel a little bigger because of the time involved. No pun intended.

#33 ·
In my experience, George Fox has been. Nothing short of a class act abd this is another example.
I find him easily on Facebook and usually responds super quick there to my private messages. I can go on and on about how awesome he has been to me and to others that I've heard of him dealing with through Facebook.

#34 ·
I've yet to pull the trigger on an NFW timepiece, but heard nothing but goods things about the brand and George's involvement in the forums.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

#38 ·
GF is a good guy. Meet him once, and you'll get the picture. We tend to make mistakes on occasion, I will say in a non biblical way, "Those who never made a mistake, may cast the first stone".

#39 ·
From the look of it, regardless of what this forums' membership thinks about how the OP handled his "keeper situation", when the OP reached out to this forum for help...he got a resolution. It's all good.
Yay for WatchFreeks & NFW for taking care of this for a fellow member.

To Eric (the OP at the top of this): Keep reaching out. It really doesn't matter how many posts a person has here. There is NO hierarchy at WatchFreeks and never shall be. Equals are we all.

I'm glad I got this in before the thread got closed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.