Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone wanted to know what kind of customer service is to be expected after you buy your watch from NFW, see the attachments. This has been my experience since January this year. Start with NFW1. In addition to the numerous email attempts, I have called the office using the phone number listed on NFW's webpage and no one ever answers. The private message I sent to George was read, but never replied to.

As of 4 May, any email I send to either George directly, or the NFWonline email address go unanswered.

Draw your own conclusions.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Unusual for George to fumble, but he's definitely having trouble finding the handle on this one. Where are you George?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Very surprising. I e-mailed him on a couple occasions about a watch I was thinking about getting, and he always replied.
That was a while ago and he has been a lot busier lately.

Maybe, he doesn't have just the keepers for sale. Maybe you have to buy the strap itself, but he should have said that.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
My experience with NFW and George has been excellent. I am sorry this has happened to you and I am sure you will get the free stuff you have coming in a timely manner.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
You say one keeper broke off when you first got the AP. Did you contact him about it then?

You say you've had the AP for a few years now and the other keeper broke.
What watch company has a warranty on straps?

Now, if you contacted him when the first one came off or you just got the watch, OK, but 3 years later?

I don't get it. Please clarify.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
You say one keeper broke off when you first got the AP. Did you contact him about it then?

You say you've had the AP for a few years now and the other keeper broke.
What watch company has a warranty on straps?

Now, if you contacted him when the first one came off or you just got the watch, OK, but 3 years later?

I don't get it. Please clarify.

None of what you said is relevant. George emailed him back on 1-29-14 and said he'd send the keepers at no charge. The OP didn't ask him to do that. George volunteered to do it and then disappeared. I don't blame him for being irritated/pissed. George needs to follow thru on what he said he'd do, and it shouldn't take 3 months to get it done

Reactions: zed073

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
None of what you said is relevant. George emailed him back on 1-29-14 and said he'd send the keepers at no charge. The OP didn't ask him to do that. George volunteered to do it and then disappeared. I don't blame him for being irritated/pissed. George needs to follow thru on what he said he'd do, and it shouldn't take 3 months to get it done

Seems pretty relevant to me. Did he contact George 3years ago when his first keeper broke? If not, why not.
He could have had it cleared up then.
So George lost track of this one. should we burn him at the stake? NO
It should have been rectified all them years ago.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is rather disheartening to hear. This forum has often touted NFW as being one of the best in the business in regards to customer service. I can't even count the number of times I have read about George going above and beyond for WF members.

Its a shame Eric has had to post this on the forum, but it does look like George dropped the ball. Hopefully this will get reconciled now and we can go back to holding NFW to the ridiculously high expectations he has historically exceeded.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Seems pretty relevant to me. Did he contact George 3years ago when his first keeper broke? If not, why not.

OP said he was able to use 1 keeper after the first one broke. Did you read the post and emails?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't contact George 3 years ago because the rubber strap that comes with the SF Autopilot has two of those keepers things, so I still had one to use, and the way the strap is designed with that catch on the end seems to work better with just one keeper holding the strap.

I didn't need to contact him until the second one broke and I couldn't wear the watch anymore.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
i have always heard great things about his service but I don't own a watch of his so can't comment firsthand....THis sounds unusual for him.

This also sounds exactly like what i went thru with a Clerc that i had with the exact same issue where the rubber keeper broke off....I emailed, called etc all to no avail...Finally emailed Gerald Clerc the CEO and he responded within minutes saying someone would get right on it....Guess what, nobody ever did.....I ended up asking the fine forum guys if anyone had a spare keeper and thats how i ended up fixing it....I then solved it completely by selling the watch and vowing to never own anther Clerc....Service is as important as the watch to me...

Id be shocked if George doesnt help out here.. He's always been a great guy.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
It sucks that such a small thing and he didn't take care of it , and you were not looking for a hand out either, you were willing to pay.
I agree he shouldn't be burned at the stake for this either, it's an oversight on his part for sure but hopefully he will make it right.
In meantime have you thought about getting a different rubber strap(isofrane,benofrane, etc ) or a nice 24mm leather?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Why does someone with 30 posts feel the need to jump in here and bash a man with an impeccable reputation?

I didn't know you had to have at least 100 posts and 50 likes on WF before you could get customer service...

:rolleyes:

It sounds like Eric has attempted to continue communication with George to resolve his situation appropriately (through multiple emails as well as private messaging through this site). If emailing the owner of the company doesn't work, and private messages get read but not replied to, what else is the customer supposed to do? He could call NFW, but IMO this situation should have been resolved before it even got to that point.

I still have faith that George will find this thread and will make good on his promise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It sucks that such a small thing and he didn't take care of it , and you were not looking for a hand out either, you were willing to pay.
I agree he shouldn't be burned at the stake for this either, it's an oversight on his part for sure but hopefully he will make it right.
In meantime have you thought about getting a different rubber strap(isofrane,benofrane, etc ) or a nice 24mm leather?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
The thing is, I really like the strap that came with the watch. It's one of the best rubber straps I've ever worn. Plus, it was the one designed for the SF Autopilot, so I'd like to keep them together.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I can see both sides. Eric did what I would have done.

To me the fact George said he would take care of it and then
didn't follow through is the issue. After sales service is as important as pre sales service.

It just takes one little screw-up to tarnish a reputation.
In today's fast paced world of social media, word gets out fast and furious.
I'll give George the benefit of the doubt. From all I've read this seems out of character for him.

I do not own a NFW watch.
Would I buy one?.....Yes.

Hopefully Eric ends up satisfied in the end.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
OP said he was able to use 1 keeper after the first one broke. Did you read the post and emails?

Yeah pal, I read all of them. Still, when the first broke so quickly, why not call then?, sound like maybe a defect. If he wants to use one keeper, fine, but 3 years later. If they don't sell the keepers on the site, well, bite the bullet and buy a new strap.
Don't you get it.

Yeah, and I know, George promised him, yadda, yadda, yadda.

But, to post a thread crying about a 3 year old strap that's no good anymore, No.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
I didn't contact George 3 years ago because the rubber strap that comes with the SF Autopilot has two of those keepers things, so I still had one to use, and the way the strap is designed with that catch on the end seems to work better with just one keeper holding the strap.

I didn't need to contact him until the second one broke and I couldn't wear the watch anymore.

Thanks for the clarification, and that's what I thought from reading your post.

Oh, and I know, I owned an AP

·
Registered
347 Posts
Eric,

I apologize for dropping the ball on sending you a new strap keeper.

I made a mistake. I routinely field these kind of things at all hours of the day and I always try my best to go above & beyond in taking care of our customers (most of which never gets reported publicly), but occasionally I screw-up for a customer, as I've done with you.

Will make good and again, I apologize, Eric.

George
NFW

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Eric,

I apologize for dropping the ball on sending you a new strap keeper.

I made a mistake. I routinely field these kind of things at all hours of the day and I always try my best to go above & beyond in taking care of our customers (most of which never gets reported publicly), but occasionally I screw-up for a customer, as I've done with you.

Will make good and again, I apologize, Eric.

George
NFW

Even though he wears Batman undies....he's still just a one of the guys...... :eek:

:laughing:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts