Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Different hands, different markers, different 120 click bezel, sapphire crystal, solid end links, and I'm sure a different price tag! If they had put a hack/hand wind movement in it, it would be complete.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow that blue dial and bezel is sexy.

The white dial version reminds me of the sat diver, hopefully it's much cheaper than that

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that blue dial and bezel is sexy.

The white dial version reminds me of the sat diver, hopefully it's much cheaper than that
The bezel appears to be the exact same one that is on my Blue Ray, as for the pricing, I'm sure these will be had at less then $200. If that is the price, I will flip my Blue Ray for the new Mako in Blue. just for the Sapphire alone, the new handset will be a bonus, the 120 click bezel doesn't mean much to me, I never use the bezel anyways.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Chazman:
Is Orient sticking with the "943" movement ya think?
If they are, I see nothing in the next generation that warrants
buying this iteration.
Have any idea what the price point will be?
If you like the new issue? Just buy it.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
345 Posts
I always liked the looks of the Ray better but these new ones bring the Mako a lot closer. If the price stays as reasonable I may have to add to my Orient collection. White is calling me but I need an orange.

Anyone else like to see a quartz version of these? (gasp)

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the link to the official announcement and it shows other new models coming out as well. The new Bambino was a giant step backwards in my opinion.

http://orientwatchusa.com/lookbook/ss15

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chazman:
Is Orient sticking with the "943" movement ya think?
If they are, I see nothing in the next generation that warrants
buying this iteration.
Have any idea what the price point will be?
If you like the new issue? Just buy it.

X traindriver Art
They are apparently using the same Caliber 46943 movement, doesn't hand wind, doesn't hack, so you either have to have a winder box or wear it daily to keep it juiced up. My Blue Ray runs at about +7 a day which isn't too shabby.

The new models will have solid end links, new hands and markers, Sapphire Crystal. with some new kind of Nemoto LumiNova®

I can't see them raising the prices more then $30 to $50 more for those features. If they dropped one of their hacking/hand winding movements in there as well, I'm sure that would jack the price up to almost $500.

If they give this treatment to their Mako XL line, and dropped a hack/hand wind movement in that, it would make for a run-a-way deal of the century entry level, dive watch, bang for the buck champion!

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
Man, those look terrific Chazman ! :eek: :) They have the feel of the older versions, but even seem more sporty, and refined it seems. That new Luminova sounds really interesting here also. Very very cool news sir ! Thanks a lot !!!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Chazman:
Gotta agree with the points you made. Incl the one about the Bambino
You are as right as rain about pricing the new gen a bit higher with hand
winding
My XL and Black Mako are similar in that they gain +10 to 12 sec per day.
I simply set them back approx 1 min behind and forget em til they need
setting again. When not on their winder I lay them face down and they
often gain less time.
Back n tha day when I was a RR engr a RR Grade pocket watch was regulated
to 6 positions. And would sometimes be shown up by an Orient.IMO they
just weren't that accurate. I'm talking Hamilton models 992b and 950b.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
288 Posts
Can I have a white one please can I? Can I? Can I? Oh please mummy can I !
cheers
D.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pre order for the Mako USA is now open.
$225 with shipping July 10
They are selling the new model for $60 less then the standard Mako, of course none of the discount codes work on this model, and you don't get a second watch thrown in on the deal.

$225 is still a hell of a deal, an upgraded hacking/hand winding movement for around $270-$300 would be an even sweeter deal, and just about irresistible.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Incredible price for that watch, especially with sapphire.
I wish they made orange, but I have an orange Ray, so...
Must have white.

I'm surprised at the pvd Symphony, I can't see that being a big hit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts