Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a Marine Veteran and I had stumbled upon this site. I just started becoming involved with watches when I recently bought my first Invicta. As I was browsing I noticed not too many people like Invictas but to me it's all about what you really like and that's what all that matters. I have 3 total watches now and I'm really liking the Deep Blue watches also. I'm just not sure which one I should get. I have included photos of the 3 I have now. Thanks for reading my post and I hope you all enjoy your time pieces as much as I do mine ~ Semper Fi ~

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome!!! As a military brother and fellow watch freek, we're glad to have you here. I'm not the biggest fan of incivtas, but those are nice. Much better than the ones I have. Great collection so far. Can't wait to see it get bigger!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Welcome to this fantastic forum where people (well, guys :D) come first and watches come second. I have a DB Juggernaut II, just click on the name in my signature to see it. It's a great watch! I also ordered the bespoke rubber band with it.

Reactions: Marine3533

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As for opinions on watches, you pretty much nailed it on the head. It's all about what you like. To borrow a quote (don't remember where I saw it), "Buy what you like and like what you buy."

See you around!

Reactions: Marine3533

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Welcome, Marine3533!

When it comes to watches, you've got the precisely correct approach.

You'll feel right at home here!

Keep sharing your collection as it grows!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Marine3533:
As Falkon mentioned not the biggest Invicta fan here.
Only Invicta I'd like to buy is their model 9937. Has a Valjoux 7750.
But their divers with NH35's aren't too shabby.I'm told the NH35 is a
clone of the Epson Seiko S11 4R36. Both engines hand wind (a must
for me) and will hack (an even bigger feature with me)

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
571 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Plenty of people here collect Invictas, and there's only a few who will jump at the chance to rag on them. I think you will like it here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the kind words gents. I'm excited to be part of this forum and excited to learn more about these little bad boys we wear on our wrists. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Welcome! Many of us started with Invicta purchases as well.

I still have several of them in my collection and they're now over a decade old- and some of my favorites to this day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I almost bought an Invicta. Then did sine research and saved myself. Lol. Buy what you like.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Gyrene:
It's your USMC retirement check to spend on whichever watch you like.
I used to be an Invicta (rhymes with Convicta doesn't it?)fan in 2004
and 2005. But that was then and this is now.
Unless the Bay has a really good price on a 9973 with Valjoux 7750 my
perception is: "I gave at the office".Thanx but no thanx.

Lou Snutt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts