Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Even with an automatic movement, is $895 too much for this watch??

The ZMX-6 automatic is a technical marvel for those looking to explore the unknown. Features include a brushed stainless steel case, an anti-reflective sapphire crystal, a uni-directional bezel with an aluminum insert, and orange super-luminova accents on the black IP applied indexes.

Inspired by aquatic adventures, a ship’s propeller embellishes the case back of this watch.

[*]Case Size: 52 MM[*]Lug Width: 24 MM[*]Movement: Swiss Made Automatic[*]Water Resistant: 20 ATM[*]Packaging: Zodiac Watch Box[*]Warranty: 2 year international[*]Origin: Swiss Made

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

52mm - silly (JMHO)

What is the movement? I hate when they don't just list the actual movement being used.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The size does not bother me, many of us call pull of 50mm...

Even if it's an ETA movement, would you put this watch in the same class as say, a Hamilton?

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

My guess is it has a CL888 in it. 52mm will appeal to a very limited group. I like the look, but would not be a buyer at that size & price.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

if it was 45-46MM and say $450-500 i would say its worth it

but @ 52MM (who knows what the lug to lug is??) way too big for my tiny wrist and way too pricey IMO

is it up there with a hammy?? not if its a CL888

if its an eta i would say maybe but not exactly

JMHO

nice looking piece though!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

I don't care for the look really, and the size is ridiculous.
I used to think I can pull off a 50mm too..,,......:pk:pk:b:b

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
imported post

Yes, it istoo much Alan, because you used to be able to get them for much less on ebay with Metrowatch,

or at the outlets. The MSRP was usually never the real price, but now it seems like it is. Think they would

sell a lot more ifthey were put up for sale at a more reasonable price, or even up for bids once again. It

is a unique design though.Differentlooking markers, case,hands than a lot of what is out there. Just is

too much, and too big unfortuantely.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

AtomicTom wrote:
Yes, it istoo much Alan, because you used to be able to get them for much less on ebay with Metrowatch,

or at the outlets. The MSRP was usually never the real price, but now it seems like it is. Think they would

sell a lot more ifthey were put up for sale at a more reasonable price, or even up for bids once again. It

is a unique design though.Differentlooking markers, case,hands than a lot of what is out there. Just is

too much, and too big unfortuantely.
Oh ......MY ........GOD....
Ladies and gentlemen..........Tom.......has made a post that is NOT positive......
Oh , damn....Armageddon must be near, everyone duck and cover.....The **** storm is on the way!!!

:%:%:%:lol

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

Btw, this jump in price happened over a year ago now.

Zodiac decided to pull the watches from the outlets as we know, and are trying to establish the brand as more high end,...well, more high end than what perceived before.

They are being sold at full retail and sold in Nordstroms and certain Macys.

Reality is only us forum guys really new about Metro Watch and the deals that were had, and would go to the outlets, etc.

General public probably has no idea what the watches used to sell for, so they are probably still doing well with sales in those stores.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts