Watch Freeks banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well it's a new year and there are several new phones out;
Motorola Droid, HTC Drod, OmniaII, Touch Pro II, BB8520 & 30, etc.

I am a tech geek too.....unfortunately still sportin the BB Tour (the new version available in a few months). I have played with a lot of the new stuff and am really impressed most of all of with the speed of the the new processors as well as the amount of dedicated memory available.
What I continue to find is that there are several levels of phones and users in the market;
Basic phones, just calls and text
Fun, entertainment phones
Business Phones
The problem is that there is no one comprehensive phone and any attempts at it usually fails. I prefer BB because their roots and motivation is the business market even though they have tried their hand at the entertainment / gadget segment (Storm & StormII). I think the Apple is one of the coolest phones around but my opinion is that it is not a "business" phone. Anyone that I know of that uses it for business complains about the battery life and inability to replace batteries.....not to mention issues with business type scenarios (email, docs, data sheets,etc.).
I have no doubts that in time we will see the one phone "does all" scenario....the Droid says it does but it doesn't.

CJ

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

I have the htc Touch Pro 1 and it is incredible, but I will be looking to upgrade to the htc Touch Pro 2 soon. This is LITERALLY a mini computer with a phone. It is the best phone I have ever used, and I have used just about every single blackberry there is and many others.

NOTE - I am someone WHO NEEDS actual keys and a keyboard since I do so much typing with the phone/mini computer.

http://www.htc.com/www/product/touchpro2/specification.html

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm using an iPhone. Not the new 'S' model. I am very happy with it and and AT&T. Maybe when this one is due for exchange I'll upgrade to the S.

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

Well, my wife and I don't text at all and we don't use our phones to surf the web. We both have the Sony Ericsson W760a Slider and couldn't be happier. If I surfed the web on my phone I'd never get anything done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.