Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are currently working on a new model for 2016 here at Minuteman Watch Co.

Many of you will recognize the name as its one that did well in voting here on Watch Freeks in a recent poll.

Currently we calling this our Independence model. As you will see from the render below this is a work in progress.

The watch will be 40 mm in width and use a 20 mm width watch strap. These will first be offered via a pre-sale for a price of about $275. This model will be water resistant to 100 meters, and have a sapphire crystal with anti reflective coating on the inside of the crystal. Currently we plan to use a Ronda 515 Swiss quartz movement. As with our current Minuteman wrist watches these will be assembled in the USA.

Most likely we will start accepting orders for these in the first quarter of 2016. Most likely we will attempt to fund the series via a pre-sale which we will run for a 60 day period.

Here is a rendering of the design as it currently exists on 11/28/2015. We have yet to select the style of hands which we should have that narrowed in the next week. For a strap will most likely use either a nylon, padded canvas, or leather strap. The watch will only come with one of those and we have not selected which type we will use as of yet.

As you can see the watch will have a very clean yet classic look. We do plan to have our Minuteman logo make an appearance on the dial. However we plan for that to be more subtle than current models. It will appear above the 6 O’clock position. With our black dial version our logo will also be black.

We may offer one or two other dial colors as well. If there is a dial color you would like to see please let me know.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
And no date :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For the hands. Will you be designing your own? Or sourcing them from a parts bin (for lack of a better term).
Off the shelf on this one.

The person working on this design is non other than Chris Wiegand at Lum-Tec. =)

At any rate Chris sent photo's showing two different hand designs he thinks would be perfect.

We liked both designs so I have asked for a render for each style which we can then post for your feedback.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is a render with the hands. Due to the black tips on the hands and the black dial it may be hard to see the ends of the hands here. I know its difficult to see them on my laptop and phone but I can see them fine on my desktop. =)

We were also considering one other hand design but at this point we feel this style best fits with the dial design. The actual hands may be a tad narrower than what we are showing here.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Most if not all of these will be done in black PVD case finish.

As we will have the black dials, hands and case finish. What do you suggest for a strap color?

We have had some suggest padded canvas with a contrasting stitch color. The question here is would a black strap combined with all the other items I mentioned = too much black?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another vote for (mid?) blue dial. Hands are nice choice but I prefer pointed ends, for accuracy, and to match second hand? Date a good size but I don't suppose there an option to get it to the "6" (for symmetry) and put the "3" back? Bracelet option would look good, otherwise durable fibre or Nato straps as it looks like it will be a more outdoor watch and durable straps are a must for such, IMO. Like the case finish.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Another vote for (mid?) blue dial. Hands are nice choice but I prefer pointed ends, for accuracy, and to match second hand? Date a good size but I don't suppose there an option to get it to the "6" (for symmetry) and put the "3" back? Bracelet option would look good, otherwise durable fibre or Nato straps as it looks like it will be a more outdoor watch and durable straps are a must for such, IMO. Like the case finish.
- - - in the latest rendering (shotblast)?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
- - - in the latest rendering (shotblast)?
It is indeed a blasted finish. Right now we are figuring on doing just 100 of these initially with 75 being black PVD and 25 being blasted.

That may change based on actual demand for each finish type.

Right now we are really wrestling with what type of strap to go with.

1. Padded Canvas

2. 5 Ring ZULU/Nato

or

3. Leather

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is another version which is actually the first one that Chris at Lum-Tec came up with.

Here you can see it with a black canvas strap. This version shows the original dial design which does not have the 12, 6, and 9 that the other version we’ve shown previously has.

Personally we are liking the version with the 12, 6, and 9 a bit better.
What do you all think about that and this design with a black canvas strap as shown?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts