Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone catch this new pilot's watch from Avi-8?

It's a watch that was done with Worn & Wound.

A few specifications about the watch are that it has a 42mm two-tone brushed steel, and also black PVD case, matte black dial with eye-catching hands, and markers, with C3 SuperLuminova. Along with cool subdial, and cross hair accent, plus domed sapphire crystal, two nylon military style straps, and nice olive leather strap. The movement is Miyota's 8245 automatic which is behind it all.

Just a few pictures guys...

Link to Worn & Wound everyone...

http://wornandwound.com/2015/08/18/introducing-the-avi-8-x-wornwound-watch/

·
Registered
489 Posts
Reminds me of Laco's Flieger series but with W&W's own twist. And with a price of $399 with free shipping in the US, I think it's definitely attractive both in price and style.

·
11,573 Posts
Love the Hand Set on this one. Very Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I like it. And 3 straps and the carry wallet case is a nice touch. Watch looks good.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I like the look very much Tom, thanks for posting. It will get criticism due to the 82XX series movement which still baffles me. I remember when the 8215 was the standard. I'm simply happy they didn't make it a quartz. Also the same series movement used by SevenFriday and Ancon ... although a slightly different variant with different bolt on modules ... for several hundred more ;) .

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I like the look very much Tom, thanks for posting. It will get criticism due to the 82XX series movement which still baffles me. I remember when the 8215 was the standard. I'm simply happy they didn't make it a quartz. Also the same series movement used by SevenFriday and Ancon ... although a slightly different variant with different bolt on modules ... for several hundred more ;) .

They already sold out the first batch....knowing avi-8 that is a typical movement from them. Upgraded with sapphire and such and I just saw a lume shot posted on Instagram and it's a torch. I'm sure all 150 will sell pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I thought the majority of AVI-8 products I had seen were quartz. Yes, 150 customers at that price point should be easy to find.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts