1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Got this in an email .

The 4,000M Diver

Dear Friends, 8 Years ago German Mechanical Engineer Nicolaus Spinner set the bar in the world of Deep Divers watches. 3,000M below the surface to be exact, at the time an unusual depth rating that few mechanical watches could come close to achieving. Today the tradition continues with the release of the UTS 4,000M Professional Diver. Of course to achieve such an extreme depth of over 13,000Feet below the surface, more than just a thick sapphire crystal was required! The unique construction of the German made stainless steel UTS watch case includes a stainless steel plate that holds the 6MM Thick sapphire crystal in place. No Helium Escape Valve is required in the design of the UTS 4,000M, even at a depth of nearly 2.5miles below the surface!. The proprietary design of omini directional rotating bezel locks by a unique ceramic ball bearing system. The new 4,000M Professional Diver features an in-house made 45mm watch case fabricated from a solid block of German stainless steel in UTS Munchen's own workshop by Nicolaus Spinner. Further, Herr. Spinner personally assembles, finishes and tests each watch. The trademark lug design and the solid case back are affixed by hex screws and industrial grade seals. Contact us for information on how you can reserve your new 4,000M Diver.....

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

andrema wrote:
A fine German made watch that is built by hand , by one man!

IMO one of the best boutique brands out there, period.
I can only second that opinion. Truly a great timepiece that speaks for itself. I'd love to have one in the future.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

andrema wrote:

When you say made by hand....you mean assembled by hand...I mean, a machine still has to make the steel and and all the parts.

Are these really made just by one guy.....Im not saying its not true, but with all the marketing out there these days, I guess I really dont believe it.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
imported post

Tattoo Chef wrote:
andrema wrote:

When you say made by hand....you mean assembled by hand...I mean, a machine still has to make the steel and and all the parts.

Are these really made just by one guy.....Im not saying its not true, but with all the marketing out there these days, I guess I really dont believe it.
Yes, Nicolaus Spinner actually does all of the work (assembly, mills the cases, does the brush finish by hand, makes the bezels, screws, lugs, bracelets, timing/regulation...etc)!!! There is actually a really good article in December's WatchTime (page 120-124) on the history of the brand, the models as well as his manufacturing process.

On a side note, he does these UTS builds "on the side" and owns a industrial machining factory with his brothers in Munich. All of his work on the watches is done at that factory and Nicolaus controls/runs all of the machining work himself...you have to admit, that is quite impressive!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

andrema wrote:
Tattoo Chef wrote:
andrema wrote:

Yes, Nicolaus Spinner actually does all of the work (assembly, mills the cases, does the brush finish by hand, makes the bezels, screws, lugs, bracelets, timing/regulation...etc)!!! There is actually a really good article in December's WatchTime (page 120-124) on the history of the brand, the models as well as his manufacturing process.

On a side note, he does these UTS builds "on the side" and owns a industrial machining factory with his brothers in Munich. All of his work on the watches is done at that factory and Nicolaus controls/runs all of the machining work himself...you have to admit, that is quite impressive!
I admit...quite impressive...............................if true.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Tattoo Chef wrote:
andrema wrote:

Indeed Mr Spinner do all the work by himself.
I have visited his factory in Holzkirchen in Munich at 2014
And all his watches are hand made by himself.
The finish and quality of his watches is way better than many high-end swiss watches in the market.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
And now Clemens Helberg has raised the bar again with the CH1 which is tested to 600 BAR. For a non-oil filled watch (that go down to 12,000 meters) that's quite a feat. And utterly useless of course. But still it's a nice 1960 Deep-Sea homage. See my signature.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts