Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before the lume pics (which weren't very good due to the lousy photographer unfortunately), I would like to note that I can't take this Apple watch off my wrist. Its been on since I got it and I have no intention of putting any other watch on. Its just too nice, too functional, too cool, and too comfortable. Its also the king of lume (which I happen to love) and shines super nova brightly in daytime and night with just a flick of the wrist. I have the BGW9 clone color here but you can also change the colors of the lume to green, orange and yellow, I believe. Lots of cool options actually but I like the blue best. Pic #2 is the same watch as Pic #1 with its protection case on. It was also taken in lighting where you normally wouldn't get much if any lume brightness, btw (i.e., sitting outside in sunlight). How cool is that!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,736 Posts
Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
3,979 Posts
Fellow WISers
Just my unsolicited opinion guys
Apple watches? You can have em.
If they satisfy your inner man cravings? Go with em.
They just don't got what what it takes to make me glad.

X traindriver Art

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
I don't use Apple products, but I feel the same way about my Moto 360 and now it is paired with my new Nexus 6 from Google. A match made in heaven. Check out Project Fi if you are looking for something different.

Reactions: Mesh Guy

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I use Apple Products in my household. I don't own an Iwatch. This is not to say I won't purchase one in the future. I consider them more of an extension to my IPhone instead of a watch. The Iwatch is a computer attached to my wrist. It doesn't hold the same passion for me as collecting true timepieces.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2209093/apple-watch-has-millennials-feeling-shame-what-about-the-iphone/

http://www.macworld.com/article/2917797/apple-watch-review-beautiful-form-frustrating-function.html

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
True, congrats! I'd get one if it were solar powered.
You can still have fun swapping out straps too! Enjoy
Solar would be a very cool thing indeed. It has a magnificent charging system at least. It just magnetizes on the watch. Done. No tough fitting or fidgeting. Basically, its like the pillow that the watch sleeps on. I've not had any issues at all with that or with power supply. Solar would still be a cool upgrade. Maybe on the next version?

·
Registered
36 Posts
My biggest problem with these smartwatches is that they can't really be "always on" without severely crippling their functionality (shortened battery life) or causing some kind of permanent burn-in on the display.

Being always on - regardless of whether or not your flick your wrist or are even looking at the watch directly, is probably the most important aspect of a watch.

Once they devise smartwatch with a screen that is so energy efficient that it can be on with no hit on battery life and suffers no permanent burn-in along with a battery that lasts at least 48 hours or have a built in charging system (whether solar or kinetic), then I will be the first in line for one.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I use Apple Products in my household. I don't own an Iwatch. This is not to say I won't purchase one in the future. I consider them more of an extension to my IPhone instead of a watch. The Iwatch is a computer attached to my wrist. It doesn't hold the same passion for me as collecting true timepieces.
I'm in total agreement with you. In fact, I didn't think I'd get an Apple watch. I'm waiting on the pre order Promethius now for my next watch and I don't compare the two of them really.

Having said that, the Apple watch is a lot of fun, easy to use, and a lot of function to make using the iPhone much easier. For example, I just looked at and said, "hey Siri, call Rachel" (my daughter) and spoke with her over my watch before typing my reply here. I didn't have to pull out my phone, look for it, or have anything to do with the phone (except keep it within 30 feet, of course). I just looked at my watch and said that to Siri and the next thing I knew, we were talking. Oh, and you don't have to hold the watch against your mouth (like Dick Tracy...showing my age). You can just sit and talk and it works beautifully. I use it for text messages, reminders, appointments and calls all the time. Its great for making things easier and not having to pull out the phone. I never ever miss any important calls or messages now either. Necessary?...no. Helpful, cool, easy, fun, simple, nice, and working well?...heck yes.

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Solar would be a very cool thing indeed. It has a magnificent charging system at least. It just magnetizes on the watch. Done. No tough fitting or fidgeting. Basically, its like the pillow that the watch sleeps on. I've not had any issues at all with that or with power supply. Solar would still be a cool upgrade. Maybe on the next version?
They need like a combo screen of the current touch screen and a Kindle Paper White sort of screen with the analog clock always on when the other functions are not in use... I should have stayed in engineering...

·
Long Time Member
2,094 Posts
My biggest problem with these smartwatches is that they can't really be "always on" without severely crippling their functionality (shortened battery life) or causing some kind of permanent burn-in on the display.

Being always on - regardless of whether or not your flick your wrist or are even looking at the watch directly, is probably the most important aspect of a watch.

Once they devise smartwatch with a screen that is so energy efficient that it can be on with no hit on battery life and suffers no permanent burn-in along with a battery that lasts at least 48 hours or have a built in charging system (whether solar or kinetic), then I will be the first in line for one.

I always thought the screen not being "always on" was to simply preserve battery life. I had no idea about the burn-in.

Learned something today....thanks!! :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts