Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone had seen these before.The Grand Flieger Airport Chronograph actually is modeled after, or pays tribute to their 1940's
pilot's chronograph. A watch that was the first German chronograph to have both timing, and also flyback functions.

Inside that watch was the caliber UROFA 59. Now the new Grand Flieger Airport Chronograph has the Tutima automatic caliber 320 behind
everything with it's 25 jewels, and chronometer certification.

The watch also has a 43mm case, bi-directional rotating bezel, and bold chronograph counters for 60 seconds, 30 minutes, and 12 hours to go along with date complication. On top of that, the Airport Chronograph has a domed AR coated sapphire crystal, 20ATM WR, and luminous markers, and hands. There's both bracelet, and leather strap versions too guys.

Here's a look...

Link to A Timely Perspective everybody...

http://www.atimelyperspective.com/blog/2016/02/23/fast-focus-meet-the-tutima-grand-flieger-airport-chronograph-pilots-watch.html

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Very nice. I am a true Tutima fan, owned just about all models and loved each one.
My guess is over 40 so and now down to three. I personally prefer the three hand due to my eyes. Most don't really get the name I suppose, Tutima is latin for "safe" and probably does not "ring a ding" in watch buyers minds. Movements are great, CS is superb.
I have seen a positive reaction on eBay as prices have gone up and AD prices for previous
issues like the DI300 have also gone back up. I think more should consider the watch, especially the Pacific 222. Slim and sleek, looks great. My favorite I think
Thanks for the link AT, I've bookmarked it.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Tom:
And yet even another winner. The Tutima.
My last visit to Helsinki to visit my son, dropped into a Finn watch A D.
Nice brands available. A Tutima caught my eyes along with a Tissot

There are so many nice watch brands out there.

Have an acquaintance who just picked up a Tissot. Shows it to me and
mispronounces the name Tissot. He called it "Tissoc" Oh well no point
in offering a correct pronounciation. My daughter has 2 Tag Heuer Formula
One's and mispronounces Tag Heuer repeatedly.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I have owned a few
Heres a picture of my first. BNIB. Got it for a grand... usual place to score of course was in the bay shop.

Ive got a guy who has one of the 80th anniversary minty fresh and was asking $900
Great product, cant go wrong owing a Tutima ( play on words, it "SAFE"

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
I like this new one, and I like my Tutima's; Flieger
and Grand Havana LE (on canvas strap)

·
Registered
498 Posts
That is a beautiful piece, with many of the features that I love about a chrono. I really like that it is so easy to read (white hands over a dark dial face).:smile-thumb2:
Thanks. I've put the GH on that canvas, the factory leather (same color as dial) and now on the factory "beads of rice" bracelet (like the Flieger in photo) and really like it on that.

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's always a pleasure! Now we just need Duff to stop in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He and I have been emailing each other the past couple of days.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Nice to see some more Tutima guys show up

The wear on that band makes me smile. It's not a safe queen

These are very nice watches.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I think Tutima is a great brand, and a bit under appreciated. I sure would like to own one some day to confirm. Make mine a three hander as well.

·
Registered
498 Posts
From what my local Tutima AD has told me, they were recently bought by Glashutte.

·
Registered
313 Posts
A lot of black dial watches that have red accents can look gimmicky to me. This one really nails the look though! Something about silver cases, black dials/straps, hints of red...such a good match :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts