Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for a beautiful daily watch that can also be used as a dress watch, my preferences are a black leather strap, with a white/silver dial, face should be no smaller then 40mm. My budget is between $1000-$1500. Please feel free to post any suggestions or advice, I could really use the help, this will be my first somewhat expensive watch.

THANKS!!

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts

Here is a newer Seiko model that I would look at if I were more into dress watches:
SEIKO Automatic Presage SARW011

Or maybe this one:

SEIKO AUTOMATIC PRESAGE SARX019

Both are 40mm and have fantastic movements in them.

There are a million options out there, but I thought i throw these two up as they are not very common and both com in under $1k. Both are JDM watches, but can be ordered through Seiya Japan (or your importer of choice).

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I'd suggest you explore watchrecon.com. You'll get more watch for your money with a gently worn pre-owned watch. Plus, the options and choices there are almost endless
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ganson

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
check the FREDERIQUE CONSTANT skinny case dressers @ JOMASHOP.com

15 c notes is top end automatic movement on JOMASHOP

quartz a whole lot less $ and plenty of change for hookers & brews

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
wow i really like the watches you guys posted above, is that seiyajapan website legitimate?
Very.
One of the most reputable sites to get Japanese Domestic Market Seiko's (shipped) here in to the U.S.
I've ordered from Seiya once, and have two other watches that were originally purchased from there.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hamilton Jazzmaster range (lots of options)
Oris Classic Date
Raymond Weil has a few nice ones but just under your size limit at 39mm(?)
If I were you, I would be looking for a tidy pre-owned Nomos!

I wouldn't get too hung up the black strap. If you see the right watch on brown / bracelet etc. then there are an abundance of great sources for quality black leather out there. Just note the lug width of the watch to know what size strap to get. :)

Reactions: mikedalton24

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Both WAY below your budget ...

Gavox Legacy Navy - Logical Stars ...

Also another vote for Tattoo Chef's suggestion of the Boschett Legacy ...

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Well below your budget, but take a look at the Boschett Legacy.

If you want something with more of a "name" check out Hamilton Watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those Boschett's are really, really nice and a great price, great movement also. Problem for me, I have an 8" wrist and most stock straps won't fir my wrist. What's lug width on these if something standard maybe I could throw a XXL after market on it?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Baume mercier classima (3 hand) can be found at the top of ur price range on the gray market. Have a great reputation. And look beautiful.

Jomashop also has flash sales for Raymond Weil which makes a heck of a dress watch. Though most of the models are 39.5mm.

Also Hamilton Jazz master line as already mentioned. Lots of fantastic options

sent via mobile

·
Registered
683 Posts
Oris, Hamilton, Edox plus a whole host of others have great selections in that category. Try Ashford as a source with good pricing. I you prefer a good AD Topper jewelers carries many of these and has close-outs that you can find some great deals (Ask for Rob, he handles the web referral sales).

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Those Boschett's are really, really nice and a great price, great movement also. Problem for me, I have an 8" wrist and most stock straps won't fir my wrist. What's lug width on these if something standard maybe I could throw a XXL after market on it?

22mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,946 Posts
I would definitely be looking at the Hamilton Jazzmaster line with a budget like that. Some really outstanding watches in the 40-43mm range that dress up or down. I had a Traveller GMT 2 that was a daily wearer for almost a yr. Looks great on a leather strap and not half bad on a NATO

·
Registered
517 Posts
At your price range there are numerous watches out there, but at 44mm the Islandus is an interesting elegant little number from JS Watch company, Reykjavik, Iceland, plus you also get bragging rights for owning an out of the ordinary watch.

http://www.jswatch.com/islandus

·
Registered
456 Posts
For that money or slightly less you may want to go with a Tag…

one of my favorite has an alarm and is quite a beautiful piece … TAG Heuer Men's WAU111B.BA0858 Formula 1 White Dial Grande Date Alarm ($1,500). Swiss quartz movement with alarm, anti-reflective sapphire crystal, stainless-steel case and bracelet with safety clasp, screwed caseback, water resistant to 200 meters.

IMHO… it is magnificent!

-WW

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thank You very much everyone for the recommendations, I ended up going with this watch from Raymond Weil.

Would love to know your thoughts on it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts