Watch Freeks banner

New Steinhart Owner

3K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  Chazman1946 
#1 ·
Hello, first Steinhart. Did my research, have worn every day since I got it 3 weeks ago. It is everything I hoped for. I bought the OCEAN One VINTAGE Red, 42. I easily wasted a week worrying if the 42 would be too large. I am tall and lean with a 7 1/4" wrist. The 38 would not have worked for me at all. Pictures of a lot of these 42's on peoples wrist, to me, just looked huge. Was not the case.

Question, after several link change combinations in addition to some micro adjustmets I am at 7 links on the top side (12 o'clock) and 5 on the bottom. The watch tends to want to slightly roll towards the top and not rest flat on top side. Small gap, is this due to the flat lugs? It doesn't happen as soon as I put the watch on, it's not loose, but as my wrist goes through its daily movements, it will roll slighly up towards the 12. If I hold my arm straight out I can see the small gap I mentioned above. Of course the only person it bothers is me!

Any suggestions or as ecpected?

Otherwise really pleased with the vintage look, value and style of my first Steinhart.

Thanks

#10 ·
Hello, first Steinhart. Did my research, have worn every day since I got it 3 weeks ago. It is everything I hoped for. I bought the OCEAN One VINTAGE Red, 42. I easily wasted a week worrying if the 42 would be too large. I am tall and lean with a 7 1/4" wrist. The 38 would not have worked for me at all. Pictures of a lot of these 42's on peoples wrist, to me, just looked huge. Was not the case.

Question, after several link change combinations in addition to some micro adjustmets I am at 7 links on the top side (12 o'clock) and 5 on the bottom. The watch tends to want to slightly roll towards the top and not rest flat on top side. Small gap, is this due to the flat lugs? It doesn't happen as soon as I put the watch on, it's not loose, but as my wrist goes through its daily movements, it will roll slighly up towards the 12. If I hold my arm straight out I can see the small gap I mentioned above. Of course the only person it bothers is me!

Any suggestions or as ecpected?

Otherwise really pleased with the vintage look, value and style of my first Steinhart.

Thanks
I have exactly the same watch, and love it. I have a 6 7/8 inch wrist and have six on the bottom and five on the top, and it's perfect. If you have 7 one end and 5 the other, why not have 6 at both ends, or have I missed something?

Reactions: Haray
#11 ·
Hello Haray, welcome ! 🙂 Wow, and big congratulations on your
new Steinhart too !!! 😀Was thinking at first, that it might just be
the lugs like you said. However, Mrs. Wiggles solved the mystery
I think with the links it seems. (y) Maybe just put the 6 on each
side, and it will be fine. Or should be fine.

Let us know if that works, and thanks Mrs. Wiggles !!!

Thank you for joining up Haray !

#14 ·
I really like this watch. I will probably get one Someday.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will not regret it, 3-4 weeks now I have had it and it is great, the look is fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate recommending or buying another Steinhart. The real test will be when my family Dr. , sees it. I wear a Festina tour from 2007 and a Sector ADV that I have owned/worn since 1994 with ZERO issues, he goes nuts over the look/style of those watches. On his wrist sits a Daytona, cant wait to hear his feedback on my Steinhart.

#18 · (Edited)
Thanks, I like it more and more every day. Interesting, I will no doubt buy another Stienhart the Ocean One or the GMT, cant decide. Question, I see some GMT's with a ".2" in the description. Do you know what the .2 represents? Also, your GMT, it has the cyclops date magnify, how is that? It gets knocked as being not that nice? Thanks

#20 ·
Haray, welcome to the forum, the Ocean always catches my eye, especially your Vintage...
Have you resolved the issue? My few watches wear so. I've attributed it to my physiology, but never owned a <38mm. I wonder if that would stay put. Did you fumble the links around to see what happened?

#21 ·
Haray, welcome to the forum, the Ocean always catches my eye, especially your Vintage...
Have you resolved the issue? My few watches wear so. I've attributed it to my physiology, but never owned a <38mm. I wonder if that would stay put. Did you fumble the links around to see what happened?
Hello, I left the links exactly as described in the OP, I made one micro adjust on the clasp and it fits and wears just fine. I wear it every day, really happy with it.

#23 ·
Nice to see they cleaned up the dial, I bought one of the second series of the Heritages and the off-gray dial was so blurred looking I thought I was getting cataracts, flipped it immediately!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.