Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first Steinhart. Did my research, have worn every day since I got it 3 weeks ago. It is everything I hoped for. I bought the OCEAN One VINTAGE Red, 42. I easily wasted a week worrying if the 42 would be too large. I am tall and lean with a 7 1/4" wrist. The 38 would not have worked for me at all. Pictures of a lot of these 42's on peoples wrist, to me, just looked huge. Was not the case.

Question, after several link change combinations in addition to some micro adjustmets I am at 7 links on the top side (12 o'clock) and 5 on the bottom. The watch tends to want to slightly roll towards the top and not rest flat on top side. Small gap, is this due to the flat lugs? It doesn't happen as soon as I put the watch on, it's not loose, but as my wrist goes through its daily movements, it will roll slighly up towards the 12. If I hold my arm straight out I can see the small gap I mentioned above. Of course the only person it bothers is me!

Any suggestions or as ecpected?

Otherwise really pleased with the vintage look, value and style of my first Steinhart.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, first Steinhart. Did my research, have worn every day since I got it 3 weeks ago. It is everything I hoped for. I bought the OCEAN One VINTAGE Red, 42. I easily wasted a week worrying if the 42 would be too large. I am tall and lean with a 7 1/4" wrist. The 38 would not have worked for me at all. Pictures of a lot of these 42's on peoples wrist, to me, just looked huge. Was not the case.

Question, after several link change combinations in addition to some micro adjustmets I am at 7 links on the top side (12 o'clock) and 5 on the bottom. The watch tends to want to slightly roll towards the top and not rest flat on top side. Small gap, is this due to the flat lugs? It doesn't happen as soon as I put the watch on, it's not loose, but as my wrist goes through its daily movements, it will roll slighly up towards the 12. If I hold my arm straight out I can see the small gap I mentioned above. Of course the only person it bothers is me!

Otherwise really pleased with the vintage look, value and style of my first Steinhart.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The title "New Steinhart Owner" so let's see it?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Haray - It’s a beautiful watch but I’m not much of a bracelet expert - hopefully others will read your entire post and offer more insight.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think the OP has purchased this - and hasn't of yet figured out how to show us:

That's a good looking watch, The hands are a nice mix of a Rolex sub type hand and an Accutron Astro hand...

·
Registered
348 Posts

Thanks
I have exactly the same watch, and love it. I have a 6 7/8 inch wrist and have six on the bottom and five on the top, and it's perfect. If you have 7 one end and 5 the other, why not have 6 at both ends, or have I missed something?

·
Super Moderator
10,364 Posts
Hello Haray, welcome ! 🙂 Wow, and big congratulations on your
new Steinhart too !!! 😀Was thinking at first, that it might just be
the lugs like you said. However, Mrs. Wiggles solved the mystery
I think with the links it seems. (y) Maybe just put the 6 on each
side, and it will be fine. Or should be fine.

Let us know if that works, and thanks Mrs. Wiggles !!!

Thank you for joining up Haray !

·
Registered
307 Posts
Congrats! I have the exact same watch, wear it mostly on weekends when I give the Omega a rest...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I really like this watch. I will probably get one Someday.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like this watch. I will probably get one Someday.

Roger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will not regret it, 3-4 weeks now I have had it and it is great, the look is fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate recommending or buying another Steinhart. The real test will be when my family Dr. , sees it. I wear a Festina tour from 2007 and a Sector ADV that I have owned/worn since 1994 with ZERO issues, he goes nuts over the look/style of those watches. On his wrist sits a Daytona, cant wait to hear his feedback on my Steinhart.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have exactly the same watch, and love it. I have a 6 7/8 inch wrist and have six on the bottom and five on the top, and it's perfect. If you have 7 one end and 5 the other, why not have 6 at both ends, or have I missed something?
What could I expect the 6-6 to do? The link added to the bottom side would pull the watch down tighter towards the 6 side eliminating the small gap on the 12 side?

Thanks,

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's a nice watch. I had the chance to get one at a decent price and no regrets. I also got an Ocean one GMT and it is as nice. The lume on the Vintage is old radium look and is visable all night, the GMT is not as good, but they are both very nice watches. Congrats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That's a nice watch. I had the chance to get one at a decent price and no regrets. I also got an Ocean one GMT and it is as nice. The lume on the Vintage is old radium look and is visable all night, the GMT is not as good, but they are both very nice watches. Congrats.
Thanks, I like it more and more every day. Interesting, I will no doubt buy another Stienhart the Ocean One or the GMT, cant decide. Question, I see some GMT's with a ".2" in the description. Do you know what the .2 represents? Also, your GMT, it has the cyclops date magnify, how is that? It gets knocked as being not that nice? Thanks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks, I like it more and more every day. Interesting, I will no doubt buy another Stienhart the Ocean One or the GMT, cant decide. Question, I see some GMT's with a ".2" in the description. Do you know what the .2 represents? Also, your GMT, it has the cyclops date magnify, how is that? It gets knocked as being not that nice? Thanks
I would venture a bit of caution with the GMT. There have been several reports of problems with the movements Steinhart received from ETA. This may be old news, but make sure you buy it from someone who offers a good return policy.

And not meaning to cast any shadow on Steinhart, but there are other brands out there if you are looking to move away from "homage" type watches, towards something more unique...

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Haray, welcome to the forum, the Ocean always catches my eye, especially your Vintage...
Have you resolved the issue? My few watches wear so. I've attributed it to my physiology, but never owned a <38mm. I wonder if that would stay put. Did you fumble the links around to see what happened?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts