Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Speedmaster making its way to me. I've been thinking of putting it on a black or "Bond" NATO strap. The lug width seems to be 19mm from what I can find but I seem to be finding that a 20mm strap might fit. I'm looking for confirmation on this and possibly some suggestions? I bet this has been covered before but my phone is being uncooperative and I can't bring up the search function. Any thoughts and help is always appreciated. I haven't really thought about changing out bands on a piece until now. Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
You're going to want a 20mm; if you want to replicate the Apollo moon landing look, you can find reproduction NASA-issue velcro straps on ebay for relatively cheap. :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're going to want a 20mm; if you want to replicate the Apollo moon landing look, you can find reproduction NASA-issue velcro straps on ebay for relatively cheap. :)
Thanks for the input! I'm more looking at the NATO/military style strap with brushed hardware. I believe the "Bond" grey and black would look good on the Speedmaster because it's the one with the yellow tacymeter scale and chrono hands. The grey of the face would match a dark grey and black nylon strap well, I think. Either that or straight black. I'm thinking of alternating straps so I don't wear out the stock rubber strap too much. I like to keep everything in as good a shape as possible.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
^^^^ Yea, I knew I seen them being sold at 19mm, forgot who.

If it's 19mm lug and you can get a 19mm strap, you're better off.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
I have a Speedmaster making its way to me. I've been thinking of putting it on a black or "Bond" NATO strap. The lug width seems to be 19mm from what I can find but I seem to be finding that a 20mm strap might fit. I'm looking for confirmation on this and possibly some suggestions? I bet this has been covered before but my phone is being uncooperative and I can't bring up the search function. Any thoughts and help is always appreciated. I haven't really thought about changing out bands on a piece until now. Thanks!
Order one from Omega? There NATO straps are excellent.

Also, GasGasBones has nice speedmaster straps.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Order one from Omega? There NATO straps are excellent.

Also, GasGasBones has nice speedmaster straps.
Also, B&R straps are another good choice. They advertise here on the forum and I have had good luck with them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man, some of those Gas Gas Bones straps are nice. Might head that direction eventually. I like the Omega straps but $200 for fabric... maybe eventually but not now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts