Lumibrite markers, and hands, Seiko in-house caliber 7N36 quartz, plus sleek
black silicon strap too.

A picture for you guys...

Timezone.com's link also for you...

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7477842&rid=0#msg_7477842

·
Registered
677 Posts
I can live with everything but the "bubbles" motif on the case.

I guess I'd also prefer the hands to be something other than white on white. A bit of contrast there would really help them be more readable in my opinion

·
Registered
477 Posts
The bee hive dial is different and it have a bright and vibrant bevel. However the asymmetrical setting is too much for my simple nature. I’ll pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
It makes me feel like I'm aboard the U.C.S.S. Nostromo, ID 180286 :D Actually, I like it. Bar the bubbles on the case and I would like it in magnesium.

And oh boy, does my wife hate these kind of T-shirts! :D I have dozens of theme T-shirts, ranging from M*A*S*H, defunct airlines to all kind of shirts I had specially printed for me.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Mmm, 345 Euro or about US$405.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I find the watch somewhat attractive.

That said, the 7n36 quartz movement, which has proven itself as solid & long lasting, can be found for around $20 new. Begs the question: why a $400 price tag?

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I find the watch somewhat attractive.

That said, the 7n36 quartz movement, which has proven itself as solid & long lasting, can be found for around $20 new. Begs the question: why a $400 price tag?

My guess is the designer connection. Giorgetto Giugiaro has designed numerous cars, including the VW Golf Mk. I (I didn't know that before I took a peek at his WiKi), photo cameras and even guns. So the air of exclusivity surrounding the watch combined with a world famous industrial designer jacks up the price. Perhaps so much so that Seiko had to revert to an inexpensive quartz movement.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Everytime I view this watch it makes me think I've had one drink too many
of Polly Pop and I'm leaning like the tower of Pisa!!! About a 15 degree list
to port!!!
Any port in a storm I reckon. Rube Goldberg designed?

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Since I wear my watches on my right wrist (even being right handed) this watch would actually hurt to wear.

The reason I wear my watches on my right wrist to start with is so the crown doesn't dig into the back of my hand when I bend it back, this one would have the entire case digging into the back of my hand.

Cool looking watch though, if they made one on the reverse side of the strap I would probably pick one up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts