Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New SEIKO PROSPEX 200m divers scuba SBDC037

45mm X 13.8mm case

6R15 Movement

Sapphire Crystal with inside AR

Ceramic Bezel

SS Bracelet and Case (with rose gold highlights) coated with Diashield.

Looks like the Sumo got a high speed makeup do-over, to the tune of $1,200.

·
Watch Freek
2,721 Posts
That is one handsome Seiko

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

Reactions: jason_recliner

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
There are a few different versions of this, and while they do look fantastic, I am put off by the price. Just a bit steep for what they are. In the $500-$700 I could see, but over $1k I'd have to pass. I'll stick to the Sumo.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a few different versions of this, and while they do look fantastic, I am put off by the price. Just a bit steep for what they are. In the $500-$700 I could see, but over $1k I'd have to pass. I'll stick to the Sumo.
I tend to agree, if they were $500-$600 I would be tempted, I would have to see some actual photos and better in the flesh to make me want to up the amount I want to pay.

AR Sapphire and a ceramic bezel are great, but I get that on my Tisell Marine Dive for $185 not $1,200.

Reactions: ganson

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: ganson

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry I know this video isn't English but a look at the SBDC041 and SBDC039. Very sad to see that the SBDC041 appears to have the all too common Seiko chapter ring/dial misalignment at the 12 o'clock marker. This is completely unacceptable on a $1,000 watch. Why can't Seiko fix this?

·
Registered
424 Posts
just got back from japan and looked at these in person up close and i have to agree , way to pricey and the white version is overloaded with white , would be more suited for the laaadies :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.