Watch Freeks banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you have been underwhelmed by what Seiko
has been doing lately. But just wanted to report the brand new
Seiko Prospex “Black Series” King Samurai, along with Tortoise.

The watches have 43.8mm, and 42.4 mm black hard-coated
stainless steel cases, nice ceramic, or aluminum unidirectional
bezels, 4R35 calibre automatic, as well as black silicone straps.

A few pictures...

Monochrome Watches, along with Seiko with more...

Hands-On - Seiko Prospex Black Series SRPH97K1 and SRPH99K1

SEIKO WATCH | Always one step ahead of the rest.

·
Super Moderator
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m no expert Sir Lawyer Aidroos, but you just might be right. (y)

Want to thank you just for your thoughts, insight, as well as keeping
the conversation going. Thanks so very much !!!

·
Watch Freek
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
523 Posts
I’m no expert Sir Lawyer Aidroos, but you just might be right. (y)

Want to thank you just for your thoughts, insight, as well as keeping
the conversation going. Thanks so very much !!!
Sir AtomicTom, I've never owned anything beyond a sub. But from my mere experience of buying, gifting and selling watches which I regulated. I have learnt cheaper nh35 movements are amazing when regulated in 6 positions. They cost around 60 USD and are fairly easy to replace then to service. The machined finishing of components, acceptable quality metals, and great lume make seiko a solid package. Obviously it doesn't even match up to any entry level Swiss luxury watch offerings from longines or Raymond Weil. But nevertheless, seiko has robust in house movements, though inaccurate, but don't have any eta and sellita problems such as hard winding or keyless works jamming problems. These simple movements are very strong and can last a long time without much care. I have only seen and felt GS watches at the boutique, but now I love them for their in house high quality finishing and superior calibres. I am officially moving towards seiko and grand seiko currently. I might even consider more options from Titan and favre leuba collaboration, they did put out an extremely significant movement out there (ugly case), until they come up with better versions of the packaging.

·
Watch Freek
523 Posts
Actually, Thank you Sir AtomicTom, you have made me appreciate true offerings from seiko. I forgot to mention, I was blessed with a daughter on May 5th night. To mark her presence I got another Raymond Weil and a Seiko 5. I was almost pulling the trigger on either an omega constellation or a speed master, but decided against and went with the regular options.

·
Super Moderator
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sir AtomicTom, I've never owned anything beyond a sub. But from my mere experience of buying, gifting and selling watches which I regulated. I have learnt cheaper nh35 movements are amazing when regulated in 6 positions. They cost around 60 USD and are fairly easy to replace then to service. The machined finishing of components, acceptable quality metals, and great lume make seiko a solid package. Obviously it doesn't even match up to any entry level Swiss luxury watch offerings from longines or Raymond Weil. But nevertheless, seiko has robust in house movements, though inaccurate, but don't have any eta and sellita problems such as hard winding or keyless works jamming problems. These simple movements are very strong and can last a long time without much care. I have only seen and felt GS watches at the boutique, but now I love them for their in house high quality finishing and superior calibres. I am officially moving towards seiko and grand seiko currently. I might even consider more options from Titan and favre leuba collaboration, they did put out an extremely significant movement out there (ugly case), until they come up with better versions of the packaging.
Actually, Thank you Sir AtomicTom, you have made me appreciate true offerings from seiko. I forgot to mention, I was blessed with a daughter on May 5th night. To mark her presence I got another Raymond Weil and a Seiko 5. I was almost pulling the trigger on either an omega constellation or a speed master, but decided against and went with the regular options.
o_O:D(y)(y)🥇:)

Well then would like to wish you a GIANT GINORMOUS GREAT
HUMONGOUS HAPPY Congratulations to you there then !!!! ;)
I can only imagine how magical a time it has been there for you,
and the family. Wow, I am speechless actually Sir Lawyer Aidroos.
The way in which you sprung that on us was fantastically fun, not
to mention very very stealthy. 😊 Seriously, I was about to thank
for all of insight on Seiko. By the way, thank you for that ! ..I love
how you immerse yourself in brands, as well as will look to find
out so much information, as well as detail on things. 😀

However, all of it takes a back seat to having a baby. :D May 5th
automatically becomes a wonderful holiday right?! ..In fact I can
imagine the entire month, as well as upcoming year. As well as the
countless years to come will be all be unbelievably special, along
with magical as I said above. You certainly are blessed my friend.
CONGRATULATIONS once again to you !!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Congratulations

·
Long Time Member
820 Posts
As much as I like Seiko, these are probably two of my least favorite. I always thought the Samurai looked like a cheap micro, and I don’t care for the compass bezel.

If a person likes these models, then these blackened versions are nice.

When asked, I reply. lol

·
Super Moderator
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As much as I like Seiko, these are probably two of my least favorite. I always thought the Samurai looked like a cheap micro, and I don’t care for the compass bezel.

If a person likes these models, then these blackened versions are nice.

When asked, I reply. lol
;) And we really appreciate you sharing your thoughts sir !!! :D

Although I guess I’m of the opposite view on the Samurai, I can
see how if you don’t care for the watch, this version wouldn’t
appeal either. I am wondering if the black coating is more, or
less shiny in person by the way. ..Often times a matte finish
can make a watch seem more refined. But it’s tough to tell
100% in these pictures.

Oh, and yes, compass bezels are seemingly a love email, or
hate em detail as well. ..I mean I actually like them, but don’t
really know how to use them. 😊

Thanks once again for chiming in on these RT !!!

·
Aspiring Expert
2,337 Posts
Congrats on a new baby girl! 👶

·
Watch Freek
523 Posts
o_O:D(y)(y)🥇:)

Well then would like to wish you a GIANT GINORMOUS GREAT
HUMONGOUS HAPPY Congratulations to you there then !!!! ;)
I can only imagine how magical a time it has been there for you,
and the family. Wow, I am speechless actually Sir Lawyer Aidroos.
The way in which you sprung that on us was fantastically fun, not
to mention very very stealthy. 😊 Seriously, I was about to thank
for all of insight on Seiko. By the way, thank you for that ! ..I love
how you immerse yourself in brands, as well as will look to find
out so much information, as well as detail on things. 😀

However, all of it takes a back seat to having a baby. :D May 5th
automatically becomes a wonderful holiday right?! ..In fact I can
imagine the entire month, as well as upcoming year. As well as the
countless years to come will be all be unbelievably special, along
with magical as I said above. You certainly are blessed my friend.
CONGRATULATIONS once again to you !!!!
Thank you Sir AtomicTom. My family is my good luck.

·
Long Time Member
664 Posts
Big congrats for the birth of your daughter + additional congrats to marking the happy event with two new watches!

I now love buying a new watch to mark special events. Didn’t think of it back when my son was born.

As for the new Seiko, I think it’s a looker. Will definitely consider it at the right price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Sir AtomicTom. My family is my good luck.
Big congrats for the birth of your daughter + additional congrats to marking the happy event with two new watches!

I now love buying a new watch to mark special events. Didn’t think of it back when my son was born.

As for the new Seiko, I think it’s a looker. Will definitely consider it at the right price.

My pleasure Sir Aidroos. ..Can imagine they truly are. 😀😉(y)(y)

W4tchi, I’m so happy that you liked these so much. But don’t
mean to tempt to any way. 😊 They are sharp looking though
that’s for sure. You are right on !

Cannot thank you enough for sharing your thoughts !!!

·
Watch Freek
523 Posts

Thank you Sir W4tchi.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts