Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just came across these, lurking on some of the Asian watch forums as I'm waiting for my daughter to get out of basketball pratice. Looks like these launched last month in August in the Asian territories.

Nice automatic field watches that are part of the Seiko "Neo line." Larger 43mm case size with kind of a SARG vibe at an SNZ pricepoint and no Seiko 5 logo. Yes, that's right no Seiko 5 logo!

43mm case
4r36 movement w/ hacking handwinding
Domed Hardlex crystal
22mm lugs
Fixed bezel
No Seiko 5 logo (yes that's a feature)

From what I found, these can be had for around $130 USD.

Now I need to figure out how to source a grey dial in the US. Man the dangers of lurking have reared it's money eating head again...oh well I gleefully succumb.

SRP711 (black dial black bezel)

SRP715 (black dial SS bezel)

SRP707

SRP709

SRP713 (cream dial..'pic looks white but it is cream)

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm really digging that brown bezel version with the black strap. Looks really sharp!

Reactions: zaskar36

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like Creation Watches are selling them...whoohooo. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the grey dial tonorrow.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Looks like Creation Watches are selling them...whoohooo. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on the grey dial tonorrow.
Wish I was in the same boat as you are. Unfortunately, I'm eyeing a Seiko Prospex Baby Tuna for October.

Reactions: zaskar36

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wish I was in the same boat as you are. Unfortunately, I'm eyeing a Seiko Prospex Baby Tuna for October.
Hah..I want one of those too, but I figure I can wait.

I had finally saved up for over almost a couple of years (stayed unusually strong without buying any other watches LOL) and acquired my long wanted Tuna SBBN015 a little while back...so I figure I can be weak right now, grab a SRP709 and wait a tad longer for the baby Tuna.

An affordable Seiko hasn't grabbed me like this in a long time. The grey dial is really singing to me. I have an SNZG13, but I wanted another field watch that was a little cleaner and this one hits it right on the mark. The grey dial is another excuse to have 2 field watches in the collection...one black dial and one grey dial.

Although, I just remembered, I'm going on a trip next week, so I have to wait til I get back to order. I would be stressing if the package came while I wasn't home :)

·
1,048 Posts
Those look great! Without the 5 logo... even better... :smile-thumb2:

They do need a tweak or two for me but I know what to do... :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts