Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Guys....

James...aka...TVDinner...was kind enough to send me a nice Seiko Rubber Strap that he had taken off one of his watches. I have a nice master Calander watch made by Minoir.. itis a German/Asian make....Asian parts and movement German company name...got it off ebay for under a hundred bucks right after Katrina. All my good watches had been stolen and I wanted something a little nicer than a Dollar Tree digital watch!!! It's a nice watch, and automatic and keeps great time. But...I have worn the leather strap completely out...it now has shrunk to where it didn't fit me.

Here are some pics with it's new strap....and it is very long...fits me nicely!!!

Thanks for gifting me the strap James...It really looks nice with it's new strap!!! It really is a nice looking watch...as the gold against the black is very striking.:)

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Funny what a new strap will do for a watch. I have heard rumors about that James fella being a nice guy.......LOL.
Very nice of you James!:b

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Thank you everyone, but this DID NOT start with me. George was nice enough to gift me his SAN III bracelet. After that he and I spoke about "paying his gift" to me forward, which I did by sending my extra rubber strap to Larry. I was MORE THEN HAPPY to do it!

If anything George deserved the credit for starting this "paying it forward" and helping out a fellow Freek!

Looks great Larry. I am happy it fit so well and worked out!!

:)

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

looks great Larry- nice watch

i cant take the credit for this - the whole point of it is to be selfless in some way to affect someone's life positively - even in as small a way as a gift

the idea was provided to me by JC via THG

TVDinner wrote:
Thank you everyone, but this DID NOT start with me. George was nice enough to gift me his SAN III bracelet. After that he and I spoke about "paying his gift" to me forward, which I did by sending my extra rubber strap to Larry. I was MORE THEN HAPPY to do it!

If anything George deserved the credit for starting this "paying it forward" and helping out a fellow Freek!

Looks great Larry. I am happy it fit so well and worked out!!

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts