Watch Freeks banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may be familiar with Aegir Watches. It's a one man micro brand based in Australia and he is a pro diver if I'm not mistaken. He recently designed and produced these cool roller buckles. I was lucky enough to be able to buy a couple from his first batch through Terry at ToxicNATOs. They just arrived today.

Took some pics of the 24mm buckle mounted and also compared side by side with the H2O roller buckle.

Love the design of Todd's buckles. I really like the 3/32" hex head screws he used as that gives it a very cool look. The brushing of the tang and side peices is very very nice. Matches my brushed watches perfectly.

Function is great. Strap on and off is effortless and the roller rolls like it should. As you can see the strap is 5mm thick and thicker straps sometimes require more effort, but taking it on/off was a breeze. Definitely want to add a polished 22 and 24mm when they become available and also will grab a couple 20mm. These would also look badass in DLC!

The H2O rollers are more curved as you can see in the side by side and sit more flush to the wrist. But I like that Todd's is not the same. Both look awesome and offer 2 killer looks

Congrats Todd and thanks for making these sweet buckles.

H2O roller on the left Aegir on the right

H2O roller

22mm Aegir brushed roller + Drunkart canvas = tag team win !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thanks Danny, as usual sublime photos ;)

Regarding the buckles, not being a big expect like you and others, I want to say nothing knew to me to my eyes in term of design at least => it look like a simple and poor 1 to to copy of the "Ennebi roller buckle". But maybe I wrong... Too much champagne and wine during Christmas and New Year probably....

I like the simplicity / minimalist of the buckle, and the Hex screws; I consider this "Aergir roller buckle" as great homage of the "Ennebi roller buckle" only.

Ref. all your pictures: the H2O roller buckle is having my first preference of course :) Much more erotic and sophisticated design :) LoL

Great review Danny, thanks for posting :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, thanks for the great review and awesome photos as always Danny.

I have been looking for a replacement for the H2O roller buckles for some time and these seem to fit the bill perfectly.

Now the wait begins!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts