Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Super Moderator
馃槃:D No matter what, its still really terrific to find out about FB ! 馃檪馃槑

I don't know if you have noticed, but there have been a bunch of new
releases from a lot of watch companies/brands lately. ..It's been great !
I believe Tudor is set to unveil some new watches this week as well. 馃く
It's going to be an exciting week it sounds like.

Thank you very much for the report sir !!!

Marine Tunnel Rat
They are supposedly making the case of the Explorer 1 41mm now, to catch up with their other lines.

I think this is a huge mistake, the current 39mm is the perfect size, even with an 8" wrist like mine. If you put an 39mm Explorer next to a Sub, the watch face looks huge in comparison, a 41mm will look freaky!

As an example here is my "Explorer" type Monta Trumph 38.5mm next to my Geckota 40mm Diver.

Aspiring Expert
Rolex gonna supersize it! :D

Aspiring Expert
It seems like instead of coming out with new unseen models Rolex is staying with the tried & true and just changing their sizes? :unsure:

Does anybody know when the last totally new model of Rolex was debuted? :unsure:

Watch Freek
Discussion Starter #7
It seems like instead of coming out with new unseen models Rolex is staying with the tried & true and just changing their sizes? :unsure:

Does anybody know when the last totally new model of Rolex was debuted? :unsure:
If you discount the Yacht Master, Pearlmaster and other "derivatives" of existing lineups, it would seem sometime in the mid 1960s with the Daytona.

my prediction: Explorer II with new color ways, updated movements from 3187 to something more akin to the 3230 in the new sub. Maybe a unfortunate bump in size to 43 mm though I would LOVE to see it go back to the 40 mm size of the 16570.
Maybe they'll also update the Explorer I with the 3230 movement and a size from 39 to 40 (or heaven forbid 41!)

What I would LOVE to see is an update on the Milgauss - make it thinner, update the bracelet, update the movement and make it 38 or smaller.

Reactions: Accutronitis

Watch Freek
my prediction: Explorer II with new color ways, updated movements from 3187 to something more akin to the 3230 in the new sub. Maybe a unfortunate bump in size to 43 mm though I would LOVE to see it go back to the 40 mm size of the 16570.
Maybe they'll also update the Explorer I with the 3230 movement and a size from 39 to 40 (or heaven forbid 41!)

What I would LOVE to see is an update on the Milgauss - make it thinner, update the bracelet, update the movement and make it 38 or smaller.
How about a Milgauss with a black bi-directional rotating bezel?

Super Moderator
Hey wait a second True, is that actually a new one? 馃槷o_O Or is it
a rendering? (y) ..Was looking for news of it, but didn't find any yet.

Watch Freek
Hey wait a second True, is that actually a new one? 馃槷o_O Or is it
a rendering? (y) ..Was looking for news of it, but didn't find any yet.
That one is from the 50s.

Super Moderator
That one is from the 50s.

Holy cow, that is cool a heck honestly True ! 馃槻馃く:cool:(y)(y)

Had actually thought it was some new rendering, or something actually.
And what amazes me is how timeless the design is sir. You would think
the watch was brand new really. It's actually so far ahead of it's time ! :alien:
I guess that's why it looks so modern, as well as insanely cool.

Thank you True, thank you very very much !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts