Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were out shopping at Tysons yesterday and stopped by Lenkersdorfer. Our 10 year wedding anniversary is next year and I'd like to commemorate it with a special watch. :D

So I picked up these two books and have some research and decisions to make. I'll also be unloading a very few of my lesser watches to make room.

As a watch aficionado just standing in Lenkersdorfer makes my heart race. :car:

From the Rolex side I've always had a thing for the Milgauss. The Submariner and Sea Dweller are also very appealing. My wife loves the Yachtmaster. On the Omega side things are a bit more complicated. Seamaster? Speedmaster? They are both so cool.

What would you choose?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
This Omega Seamaster 300 is my Grail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bracky72

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The screwed up thing about this hobby is that what is a grail watch today will not be a grail watch tomorrow and wasnt a grail watch yesterday.

Of all of those you cant go wrong and you will never be unhappy with your decision but you will always be wondering about the "what if?"

Id go with the speedy and call it a day.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have until July to ponder it and to unload a few watches. Omega has me intrigued because of the technology in the co-axial movement but then I think Rolex might be easier to have serviced over the years?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have until July to ponder it and to unload a few watches. Omega has me intrigued because of the technology in the co-axial movement but then I think Rolex might be easier to have serviced over the years?
I wouldnt let factor into the decision making process. True Rolex may have better service coverage but i am sure you wont have any difficulty getting the Omega serviced and spare parts will be available for that watch for ever. Unless I am mistaken Omega will provide parts for any watch for 20 years after a watch has been discontinued.

You have until july to torture yourself. Let the gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair begin.

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
His issue is complicated by 5 watches not just 2

I guess he's going to have a great gift then. 5 watches, awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts