Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Senior Freek
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this watch at Costco the other day for $139.99, liked the style and the price, so I just bought it. It's my first Citizen Eco-Drive. The model number is CA0437-55E It's a black ion plated chronograph, also my first chronograph.

Some pics:

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,886 Posts
Never had a bad Eco-Drive, not one, they are just solid, reliable, everyday grab and go watches.

If they have any draw back it is this, if you are into fooling around with your watches, winding, setting, checking accuracy, and just need the feeling the watch needs your attention?

Well this watch isn't for you, I doesn't need you at all, just put it someplace where it gets some light, and she will keep chugging away for a couple of decades.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Congrats Gary. I'm sure you're gonna enjoy your first eco-drive. Those things are super reliable and accurate too.

·
Senior Freek
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never had a bad Eco-Drive, not one, they are just solid, reliable, everyday grab and go watches.

If they have any draw back it is this, if you are into fooling around with your watches, winding, setting, checking accuracy, and just need the feeling the watch needs your attention?

Well this watch isn't for you, I doesn't need you at all, just put it someplace where it gets some light, and she will keep chugging away for a couple of decades.
Hahaha. I don't have to tinker much. It's okay to have a watch where all you have to do is wipe the smudges and make sure the date is correct every 30 day and 28 or 29 day month.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Great looking watch. I have 5. You will love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gary

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,886 Posts
Hahaha. I don't have to tinker much. It's okay to have a watch where all you have to do is wipe the smudges and make sure the date is correct every 30 day and 28 or 29 day month.
If you picked a Citizen Eco Drive AT world timer with perpetual calendar, you wouldn't even have to do that.

Just place it near a window and come back 15 years later and it's ticking away right to the right day, date, and exact second.

Got a couple of those, and the shame is they get very little wrist time, they are mainly used to set my mechanicals to.

Talk about watch insanity, that's it!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
You will love it Gary, I have 8 Eco-Drives at the moment so can vouch for their outstanding quality.
Wearing this beast at the moment. View attachment 72490
It's been said before but they do not need hardly any input from the owner as they are super accurate and solar.
I have had a Skyhawk for the last 6 years and being atomic has been bang on to the second for the whole time.
I set all my other non AT Eco's to this one.
Enjoy.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
14,631 Posts
What a terrific first Citizen Gary ! :clapping-hands-abov Holy cow, has such a high end look to it !!! :) :eek: The sub-dial set-up, along with texture the dial has is extraordinary first off, but so is the ion plating. Gives it this sinister, stealthy feel, while still being nice, and classy. The blue chapter ring accent couldn't be cooler either ! Big congrats on your first Citizen here Gary. ENJOY !

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just picked up my third eco drive. Love them! I found it funny that some mentioned setting their mechanical watches using their atomic eco drives because I do the exact same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,979 Posts
Gary:
Luv that iteration. But my heart belongs to my EcoZilla.
The baaadest of the baaad.
I have an eight and 1/2 wrist so it doesnt look like a man
hole cover on my wrist.

Lou Snutt
Malfunction Junction, Texas

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nice looking Eco-Drive. Sounds like you got a real bargain on it. Congrats!

·
Senior Freek
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A little problem. I've had this watch in pretty heavy rotation for almost two years (I really enjoy wearing it). However, I recently noticed the black ion coating is wearing off on the bottom and outside of the wrist area.

Does anyone have any strap/bracelet recommendations for this wonderful timepiece?

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,886 Posts
A little problem. I've had this watch in pretty heavy rotation for almost two years (I really enjoy wearing it). However, I recently noticed the black ion coating is wearing off on the bottom and outside of the wrist area.

Does anyone have any strap/bracelet recommendations for this wonderful timepiece?
If I'm not mistaken most Citizen watches have goofy lug widths, for whatever reason?? I believe most of the Chronograph models have 23mm lug widths, which really rules out a lot of after-market strap and bracelet choices.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I have had quite a few that Citizen watches that I have put on aftermarket straps.

This one is on a 20mm Steveo Para.

And this one is on a 22mm Steveo Para.
The Para straps are made from canvas & leather taken from old military parachute bags.
I am not affiliated with this company in any shape way or form, just a happy customer.
You will probably find your watch is 22mm lug width but if not he can make any size as they are all made to order.
Lots of choices too and great quality at a decent price.
I have three and looking to order a heavy duty canvas from him for 1 of my Zilla's.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Long Time Member
1,096 Posts
Great pick up .. I'm sure it has just a bit more depth then in the pics ! Enjoy that eco-drive, they are prettty trustworthy .

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,886 Posts

If you still have the receipt from Costco, why not just return it for a refund or a new watch, since they have an unlimited return policy?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts