Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see? Or hear about this new in-house movement from Oris?

Their new Calibre 400 looks to set a new standard for automatic
mechanical movements. With details like an impressive 120 hour power
reserve, (five days), elevated resistance to magnetic fields, a more stable
rotor system, as well as 10-year recommended service intervals, and a
10 year warranty also.

Here is a look...

A video also for you everyone...

Oris, and A Blog To Watch with this, and more...

Oris. Swiss Watches in Hölstein since 1904.

Oris Announces New Manufacture Calibre 400 Automatic Watch Movement | aBlogtoWatch

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Lovely easy on the eye movement and very innovative.

Most likely to have a significant impact on their pricing structure for watches with this movement.

Thanks Tom

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You are very welcome Steve, and couldn’t agree more by the way ! 😉
Can only imagine the watches they will put this is in. Not to mention
how nice they will be. 🙂 Because if the inside of the watch is going
to be this great, you can bet the watches themselves will be terrific !
Exciting news right sir?!

Thank YOU once again, and am very glad you enjoyed !

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
This comes as no surprise to me as these guys are the most underrated watch company in the world. I can't wait to see the watch that they will build around this.
Most folks don't realize that even when they use an off the shelf movement. They practically rebuild it before they put it in a watch. Not like most, who slap a new rotor on it and call it a day. Oris reworks the day/date to display in different ways and so they change over instantaneously at midnight. They change long second hand movements to small seconds and vice versa depending on what is needed in the watch design. They also change the timing device so that it corrects itself so that the minute hand is always on an indice instead of in between when it should be. Very frustrating to have to set a watch several times because the minute hand is between indices when the seconds hit 12.
Below is a picture of what I mean. This movement started with long seconds and a day wheel. Ended up with small seconds and a day pointer from off the canon pinion. Not many companies would take the time or effort.

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This comes as no surprise to me as these guys are the most underrated watch company in the world. I can't wait to see the watch that they will build around this.
Most folks don't realize that even when they use an off the shelf movement. They practically rebuild it before they put it in a watch. Not like most, who slap a new rotor on it and call it a day. Oris reworks the day/date to display in different ways and changes instantaneously at midnight. They change long second hand movements to small seconds and vice versa depending on what is needed in the watch design. They also change the timing device so that it corrects itself so that the minute hand is always on an indice instead of in between when it should be. Very frustrating to have to set a watch several times because the hour hand is between indices when the seconds hit 12.
Below is a picture of what I mean. This movement started with long seconds and a day wheel. Ended up with small seconds and a day pointer from off the canon pinion. Not many companies would take the time or effort.

Yup, you’re right Forza, it’s really not a surprise. (y) :cool:
I honestly hope they put this movement into a bunch
of different models. So as many people as possible
can enjoy it ! 🙂 It’s going to be fun seeing what they
come up with.

Another thing that is really interesting is the fact that
Oris has basically been practicing to build their own
movement all these years kind of. 😉 Seriously, all
that work changing, and improving movements has
evidently really paid off !

Thanks so much for your educated opinions Forza,
and for the awesome pic of that stunner !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts