Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Senior Freek
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wonderful lady got me a new Orient Monarch, hand winder (MO # FDD03003Y0). It was ordered late last week and should arrive Tuesday before our trip to Minneapolis for my brother's wedding! I nice new elegant watch for the tux! :smile-thumb2:

What a gal I have!

Here is a stock photo from Orient USA website. I'll post wrist shots later this week if I have time with all the wedding festivities.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,418 Posts
Didn't know Orient made hand crankers, that one is a beauty!

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
Senior Freek
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First hand cranker I've seen too. The downloadable manual's illustrations were all pocket watch cases. So perhaps this is their first push into hand winding watches. I'm excited to get that sucker!

·
Senior Freek
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She was very well taken care of for mother's day. Believe me! She's not so fond of watches, anyway. She has a couple for function mostly as she's an RN. A couple for fashion too. Not even sure she cares of their accurately set as long as they're running.

She likes jewelry, shoes and clothes. I'm very keen to oblige.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Senior Freek
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
40mm case, 18mm lugs, 13mm thick. So not quite a super slim dress watch per se. It us a nod to some older model classics. The original run, which I believe was 2015, has Sapphire crystal. I believe the one I'm getting is mineral. Would have liked the Sapphire. However, I won't complain at the awesome gift. Can hardly wait for tomorrow's delivery! Will go nicely with the tux at the wedding!

·
Senior Freek
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With groomsman duties, the wedding, reception, and such it has been too busy to get photos. I did snap this in between photo shoots. I'll get more later. We're still vacationing through this week.

·
3,979 Posts
Funk:
We both made out like bandits on F D!
My springoffs all chipped in an bought Loose Nut a Fender bass amp.
I play accoustic bass guitar in a bluegrass band.
My ole upright bass has seen too many jam sessions and stage
appearences.

Bass guitar really sounds great with banjo, mandolin, guitar and dobro.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Sweet, Orient make some good looking pieces and that is no exception. Great looking dress watch love the power reserve meter.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Sharp Looking Funk. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior Freek
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some more photos. All taken with my phone, so perhaps not the best.

The watch wore really well. Very comfortable all day. Fit under the French cuffs well. I was worried about that as thick as it is. Really a very classy watch. Very happy with it. It seems to be keeping time really well too. I haven't officially measured, but through two days it was within a minute of actual time and I didn't set it exact to the second. So probably within spec.

I'm going to get a deployment clasp for it too I think. I really like the security of them, the look, and it seems to wear less on the band.

I grabbed an 8x watch travel case too for the trip from Amazon. It was about $20. Worked beautifully.

Enjoy the photos.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts