Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I really took a liking to this watch, but good Lord...$9500!
They had one on a cool woven stainless bracelet. That's the one that was $9500. Not sure how much these 2 were. No matter...out of my range!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

That is STUPID. You could get the 52mm Oris AND an expensive Breitling and still have over $1000 left over.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
$9500.00 are you kidding!!!
No shite Rip! I wish I was! I thought it was cool so we went in to take a look around. We saw some very nice pieces, but probably nothing that I would buy, even if I had the means. They had a Blancpain, 18k red gold tourbillon/ Grand Complication! Holy crap! The thing is a masterpiece on the wrist, but that's somewhere I will never live. Anyway, the very pleasant woman pulled the Omega out of the case and ran down the specs to us. Very cool watch, but I would definitely rock the Super Avenger at 1/2 the cost. Btw, I finally got to wrap one of those beautiful Breitlings around the wrist for the first time. Damn!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Very expensive! There are so many top shelf timepieces, like James mentioned that cost less. ....Bob

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Omega makes a great watch, but I wouldn't pay that much for one. I own 2 and I payed no where near that for the 2 together.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
No shite Rip! I wish I was! I thought it was cool so we went in to take a look around. We saw some very nice pieces, but probably nothing that I would buy, even if I had the means. They had a Blancpain, 18k red gold tourbillon/ Grand Complication! Holy crap! The thing is a masterpiece on the wrist, but that's somewhere I will never live. Anyway, the very pleasant woman pulled the Omega out of the case and ran down the specs to us. Very cool watch, but I would definitely rock the Super Avenger at 1/2 the cost. Btw, I finally got to wrap one of those beautiful Breitlings around the wrist for the first time. Damn!
Felt good didnt it, but the question is did it feel $5K good? It didnt too me I was overwhelmed with the name and didnt give much thought to the purchase. It didnt take me long too realize that I could have 10 Nice watches for 1!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Felt good didnt it, but the question is did it feel $5K good? It didnt too me I was overwhelmed with the name and didnt give much thought to the purchase. It didnt take me long too realize that I could have 10 Nice watches for 1!
I tell ya Rip, it didn't feel 5k good, but it did feel awesome and I did love the look of it on my wrist. I'm tossing it up between this one and the Oris PD. Just knowing that I'm wearing a quality piece and that if something were to go wrong and I had to get rid of it, I know I can recoup a good portion of the iron I spent on it. I can't necessarily explain it Rip, but I felt a little more powerful with that bad boy on, as silly as that sounds. Strangely enough, or not, I did get a bunch of stares from the 4 sales people behind the counter and the 2 customers next to me when I pulled off my rose/ black Akula. I could near the customers whispering back and forth about it. I don't know if they were praising it or criticizing it, but they had plenty say when I put it on the counter.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is probably because a "man" should never wear rosetone anything, lol - only kidding.

Eric, between those 2 watches and from reading to your recent posts I really believe that you like both the 51mm Oris and the Breitling. But from an outsiders view you also are cost conceious and it is hard for you to justify the somewhat crazy price tag for less then a pound of metal and other materials.

That being said, and if I was in your shoes I would get the new massive and very cool Oris. You can get it for between $2000-under $3000 and that gives you $2000 left over dollars to use for something else.

just my opinion, based on your recent posts over the past few weeks.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

ps - getting the Oris IS NOT a "2nd place" choice. It is still one of the finest brands and timepieces out there period.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

James, you are absolutely right! I am cost conscience because Invicta and Renato have "trained" me to be that way. If you knew me though, you would know that I WILL spend extra if I feel it is worth it and in the case of the OPD, I feel it is worth it, especially if I can snag it for $2300 like Invictaman did! I did pose the question if it was worth the extra coin comparing materials to materials. There are so many more variables that go into a decision to buy high end though. At this point, to me, it's worth dropping the extra cash. That won't preclude me from buying more Invicta and Renato, because I'm still a fan of their designs, but I deserve to have some moderately high end stuff sprinkled into the mix.
Hey, I won't forget about that rosetone crack either brutha! :)

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I here you Tuna, I kind of had the same feeling but soon realized it was the name that gave me that feeling. Hey man what ever floats your boat is all good with me, I am happy for you if you grab either one!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

haha I wondered if you missed that rosetone crack.

I was not talking about invicta or any other brand at all. just the oris and breitling in question. ultimatley, with either choise you will be wearing one of the "luxury" brand names and both watches are high high quality time pieces. no one anywhere can argue that with you.

also both are larger watches which is your (and my) preference and both have all the complications, features, movements, and history that make them the luxury brands they are.

so now you have to figure out if paying thousands more for the breitling is worth it to YOU.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Nice if I had money to throw away. I would always take two over one if I could in any situation so even if I had the cash I would get a couple of grails instead.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
Hey Tuna....Its worth every penny brutha.....Breitling makes quality watches that dont lose value not to say Oris does because you know how i feel about that PD....Eitner way you cant go wrong but remember dude its only money....lol...
Hereis a little inspiration for ya....

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

pretty good....inspiration, lol

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Damn straight! Thanks for the push Jack. I'm gonna have to play with both of them side by side. The bracelet is no comparison! Breitling hands down. Obviously I love the immense size of the Oris, but the S.A. doesn't wear small. I'm really going to have to do some homework to make a decision. I know the Breitlings are C.O.S.C. too, so there's an advantage.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Damn straight! Thanks for the push Jack. I'm gonna have to play with both of them side by side. The bracelet is no comparison! Breitling hands down. Obviously I love the immense size of the Oris, but the S.A. doesn't wear small. I'm really going to have to do some homework to make a decision. I know the Breitlings are C.O.S.C. too, so there's an advantage.

Hey I have an idea..how about you get the oris pd and we switch every week...lol..Let me know what you end up with and like i said either watch you cannot go wrong with..they both command attention and can stand up to much more expensive watches with no problem. Good luck TK on your decision because you truly do have a hard one on your hands...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts