Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember the new Archimedes Milus from not too long back everyone?

Now there's a nice new green dial model which pays tribute to their 1960's classic.
Having details like that new brushed dark green dial, with it's SLN coated markers,
and hands, 41mm stainless steel case, 300M WR, HEV, domed sapphire crystal,
internal rotating bezel, Tropic style strap, and ETA 2892-A2 automatic movement.

Have a few pics right here...

Monochrome, and Milus with much more for you...

News - The Archimèdes by Milus, Now in Wild Green (Specs & Price)

Milus Watches Official Website - Swiss luxury watches since 1919

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remember the new Archimedes Milus from not too long back everyone?

Now there's a nice new green dial model which pays tribute to their 1960's classic.
Having details like that new brushed dark green dial, with it's SLN coated markers,
and hands, 41mm stainless steel case, 300M WR, HEV, domed sapphire crystal,
internal rotating bezel, Tropic style strap, and ETA 2892-A2 automatic movement.

Have a few pics right here...

Monochrome, and Milus with much more for you...

News - The Archimèdes by Milus, Now in Wild Green (Specs & Price)

Milus Watches Official Website - Swiss luxury watches since 1919
That's a fine looking watch indeed. Love the look of this one, size, everything.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Here we go again... Great watch. But you got to pay to play. I don't like the contrast between the bright green dial and dull green bezel. I might have went with a bright green bezel with numbers and markers the same color as the pip. Or just changed the bezel color completely. All I know, is that those two greens don't go together. Great job on the bright and brushed polishing techniques on the case. Perfect strap, great handset and IMO, the best third party movement in the business. To bad it's priced way out of it's league.:cry: Maybe I'll find a used one down the road...

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a fine looking watch indeed. Love the look of this one, size, everything.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk
Here we go again... Great watch. But you got to pay to play. I don't like the contrast between the bright green dial and dull green bezel. I might have went with a bright green bezel with numbers and markers the same color as the pip. Or just changed the bezel color completely. All I know, is that those two greens don't go together. Great job on the bright and brushed polishing techniques on the case. Perfect strap, great handset and IMO, the best third party movement in the business. To bad it's priced way out of it's league.:cry: Maybe I'll find a used one down the road...
Very glad you are liking them Thomas, and Eric !! 😀(y) Am with you both,
and definitely on the price thing as always there Eric. 😉When I first saw
these, I was thinking price ranges somewhere south of $500. But then had
forgot that the black, and blue versions they came out at the start of the
year were also up there in price. 🙁

It just would have been terrific if they somewhere down around $500 for
people. Because then everything would have seemed perfect with the
watches. ..Plus they wouldn't have been nearly as expensive as their
vintage counterparts right?!

Still is at least cool to see, and really appreciate you guys giving your
thoughts on them !!!

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Approximately 1,780 Euro. Although a nice watch, a G. Gerlach Navigator is a very similar watch but at 20% of that price. I don't blame them, all them almost forgotten brands are riding the retro/vintage wave. And yes, I know we shouldn't always start bitchin' about prices. But because most of us have seen and owned watches all across the board we know that a watch like this doesn't have to be that expensive. I like the green but still I would take the black version. But that's me, boringly predictable ;) :D

Reactions: forzaferrari

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Approximately 1,780 Euro. Although a nice watch, a G. Gerlach Navigator is a very similar watch but at 20% of that price. I don't blame them, all them almost forgotten brands are riding the retro/vintage wave. And yes, I know we shouldn't always start bitchin' about prices. But because most of us have seen and owned watches all across the board we know that a watch like this doesn't have to be that expensive. I like the green but still I would take the black version. But that's me, boringly predictable ;) :D
Oh man, talk about coincidences, or even Feeling the Force here Frans. 😵😲😄
Literally a minute ago I mentioned G. Gerlach, and their Otago to Mrs. Wiggles,
in his orange watch thread. Wow, just wow ! (y):alien:

You are totally right with the pricing, and had forgotten how these were priced.
In fact was thinking they would be a good bang for the buck compressor style
at first. However, had forgotten the pricing on these when they originally were
first released. But I think you are right, these smaller brands, and especially
ones like Milus who have been around a while want to take advantage of the
nostalgia of yesteryear, and the retro vintage thing like you said. It's totally
understandable. But then it has to be understandable that many people might
not like the prices also. 😄

So what we will do, is in our alternate universes where these watches are
$299-$399, is you get the black, and I will try the blue, or this green sir. 😀

Thanks a ton for chiming in on these Frans !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts