Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi ALL.....

Greetings from Humble Tx. I am a new member here, but have been collecting watches as long as I can remember. I received my first watch from my Grandfather not too long before he passed way in 1966. It is a Gruen Automatic from the early 1940's. I love collecting older watches from the 1940's and earlier....especially ones that have an Art Deco design to them.

I also enjoy purchasing new watches....Invicta's, Stuhrling Original,Croton, and others.

I also like photography, and I am a wildlife and landscape artist. Most of my work is done in graphite, except for the odd timeI do a watercolor landscape. For wildlife, I mainly draw birds of prey, with a particular fondness for eagles, falcons and owls. But I also draw dogs and horses on occasion...usually to be included in a landscape.

Well...nice to meet everyone...and enjoy your day!!!

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

hey larry.........you seem familiar.......but not sure....glad you came and joined up, hope you have fun.

and if you dont have fun.......i just got two words for ya.........im sorry.....oh, you thought i was going to say something else.......glad to have you aboard.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the club Larry...Glad you joined and look forward to your postings...WF's is a great place to hang...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Hi Bichondaddy
Welcome to WatchFreeks. Sounds like you have a fantastic talent for art. I wish it was possible to see some of your work. Again, a big welcome. ....Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts