Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone catch this new one from Longines?

The watch is actually a re-issue of a classic that was given to British Paratroopers in the 1940's. It's the Heritage Military COSD, (Combined Operations Command) With the new watches looking very similar to the originals with everything from the case, and dial designs, to green NATO straps. There's also a nice black leather strap as well. Looks like the Dials are either opaline with black numbers, red 24 hour scale, blued hands, and neat railway-track. Or a matte black with rhodium plated hands. Both watches have broad arrows on their dials, with Super-Luminova on both the numbers, and hands. Inside is the automatic mechanical L619.2 everybody.

Here is a look...

Perpetuelle with more also...

http://blog.perpetuelle.com/watches/first-look-longines-heritage-military-cosd/

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm a little indecisive on the watch. Maybe on a bracelet I would enjoy it better.
Collectors (us) will like it on the NATO while the general populous looking for an EDC would prefer rubber or leather. Common folks don't usually consider swapping out straps on a brand new watch ... that's just us.

Personally not my style but I see the appeal.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Collectors (us) will like it on the NATO while the general populous looking for an EDC would prefer rubber or leather. Common folks don't usually consider swapping out straps on a brand new watch ... that's just us.

Personally not my style but I see the appeal.
So true, common folks don't have 23 extra straps and bracelets for 16 watches. That all are already loaded :D. I know such a guy, his name is Frans :D.

Reactions: Roarry

·
Banned
90 Posts
Well it's true that this watch would look equally good on a leather strap (imo), especially if you're wearing a suit, you can't pull of a nato.. can you ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts